My Rupp

Here's my Rupp as it sits right now, just enough to run it....soon to be brought back to it's former glory. This was my bike when I was a wee lad, then I moved onto an XR75 and this sat for the past 26 or so years. It was originally purple. Got it back from Dad's garage, engine had vanished so I picked up the 5hp Tecumseh off craigslist for $20, a clutch, belt and tank off ebay.

The tank had some DIY brackets welded to it, those will be cut off and it will be mounted right. The wheels were seized, naval Jelly+ various lubricating concoctions and they roll again. Tires still hold air. I almost cried the first time I rode it again.....I had a lot of fun and a lot of good memories on this peice of crap and I'll NEVER let her go again!!!!

Nice bike! I always wished I had kept my first rupp. If you put some sort of a padded seat on your bike that should keep the crying down to a minmum :thumbsup: J/K!! couldn't resist. When I got my 2nd rupp it brought a big smile to my face again as well. Good luck with your project.

Hey, not only have I not gotten a seat for it yet but the shocks are frozen solid too!!! I'll get to it.....just wanted to get a motor in it and ride it

tomsprops

That's one Wild throttle cable you have there ! I cant help but notice you don't have any brakes hooked up either ? Your a Wild Man !

Ah, We used to have one of these, Beat up, But run good. Until my neighbor happily sold it for us for 50 bucks, Thought they were doing us a favor.... :sadcrying4: that was a long time ago though.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy fully rigid and with no brakes and a sketchy throttle setup!!! One time my son and I were racing and it stalled, I stopped and pulled the cord with the throttle pinned and the whole bike looped out from under me!!! You gotta remember, last time I rode this i was like 4ft tall and this bike seemed like a goldwing to me!! I assure you all I'm collecteing parts right now and will make her right again....still don't remember what the stock throttle setup was like though....I'll post some pics as it comes along

Are you keeping the big block on it? The first photo is a hs40, the throttle linkage/cable hooks up on the back of the blower housing. From there a spring pulls the governor arm and a rod go's from there to the carb. The second photo is a newer H35. But it's the same principle. You used to be able to get the "minibike specific" throttle assembly. Maybe you still can? I would check with Brandt@rupp parts.

Thanks Randy, thats real helpful. This is the motor Im gonna keep in it, it runs real strong and I only paid 20 bucks for it. The snowblower throttle was still hooked up to it and I took that entire contraption off, governor arm and all. I'll take the innards out when I clean the motor for paint. I have a decal set comin and a seat. I'm fixing the brackets on the tank and will be shootin that soon. Still trollin for fenders, a chain guard and brake levers...then she will be ready for commutin