My Valmobile

Howdy all,

My father bought a Valmobile in the early 60s to take with him in the back of his Piper Tripacer. The airplane eventually got sold, but the Valmobile found a home in our garage.

A few years ago, he gave it to me, I got it rideable, but where my house is (on a dirt road) I dont really have a place to ride it. I ound out quickly that a Valmobile and a bumpy dirt road don't play well together. So, once it again it was relegated to a corner of the garage, this time mine.

Anyway, I recently decided to dust it off, get it up to speed, and decide if I should keep it or sell it.

That said, is there anyone around here who has one or has restored one? Mine doesn't need much, but I do need to come up with an air filter element and this funny little nut that connects the petcock to the bottom of the fuel tank. I still have the old air filter element but the filter media is shot. The nut has normal threads on one end and reverse threads on the other. Reverse threads? Seriously?

I'll quit rambling but I'd sure appreciate some info from someone who has restored one of these. Oh, and any info on the paint color of the orange?

Thanks guys,

I aired up the tires, rebuilt the carb and the petcock last night. I'm hoping to get it rideable today. I had just used a piece of rubber hose hose clamped in place of that funny little nut when i got it running before. I still can't believe they used reverse threads.

I also need to find some handgrips.

The nut is number 9 in the parts catalog picture.

Thanks guys,

Good catch on the nut. I had seen the petcock, but didn't notice the nut on it. I sent them an email a few days ago but haven't heard anything back. Got it running and rideable, and then decided to disassemble it to restore it. With some help from my 5 year old son, we got it apart in a couple hours. I happened to notice that the paint color looks exactly the same as the orange on my Kubota.

Welcom to OldMiniBikes good luck with your valmobil folding motor scooter,ther
realy a very special scooter. :thumbsup::thumbsup::smile:

:eek:hmy: I don't think I would TOUCH that one.. Those things are hard to find and ya don't see them in original condition like that very often.. That is quite the machine you have there..

I thought I would join in. I have a Valmobile as well. I got it from an old guy cleaning out his hanger at my home airport, he was ready to put it into the dumpster........

I have had it for a few years and decided it was time to get it running and fixed up. I also have an email into JIM at Valmobile.com looking for parts and service manual, but no answer yet its been almost a week.

Like you my son is helping me with this one, He is 7 and very excited.

Our first project after tear down is, cleaning the years of rust out of the fuel tank...

Soaking in Evapo-Rust as I type.