My very own "What did I buy?" thread....

I am no clue on the one... Year? Make? Org engine type?

Check out the brakes.... Obviously there are some parts missing from the brakes. Any ideas/links to get me what I need to fix these up?

Thanks

not sure but has that neck been welded? i,m wondering if the forks are for that frame , the neck post looks really long?:thumbsup:
No signs of any welding and the red pain under the black spray bomb matches the forks on the neck and frame. I need a figure out how to take the spray paint off without removing the red under it...:grind:

The frame is a ScatCat YT660 but the forks are from something else and are similar to a Chibby 50 and Taco super trail 100 and F85.

that,s going to be tough ,chances are if the forks have origional paint red it looks faded anyways ,probably a repaint in the works?:thumbsup:

that dosent look like scat cat to me ,the frame at the neck has to much radius ,rear tire mounts wrong ,do the motor mounts have a stamp on them,yta ,look right on top ,check grand prix ,maybee , same manufactuer . both made in tiawan:thumbsup:

i just looked at mini doodle the scat cat and the grand prix looks like the same mini ,both are imports,maybee the same manufactuer called different names ?:thumbsup:

The radius is different though but the rest of the frame looks like it. BTW, I meant similar to Gemini 50 forks, not Chibi. :doah:

Regardless , should be a good rider. :thumbsup:

The braze ons and stays are very heavy duty. Nicer than my Rupp, Broncco or Doodle Bug. I looked at some scat pics and the wheel stays are a little diff shape. The shocks are nice a springy too.

I just called HF and they said that they would honor my $99 coupon BUT that they were sold out for at least a month Out of closet :censure::angry:

WHAT ABOUT THESE MISSING BRAKE PARTS???? Need you'lls help here :thefinger:

Thanks ;)

Ian

Last edited:
No signs of any welding and the red pain under the black spray bomb matches the forks on the neck and frame. I need a figure out how to take the spray paint off without removing the red under it...:grind:
One of those green rough dish pads should work with some Bon Ami. I like that bike.

Those are Honda type hubs they should be EZ to place the Brakes back into them.
Very interesting... have to look into that.

I just stripped the black paint off the frame and the spray rad off the forks to reveal a nice deap 2-3 stage candy red pain on both. I am evem more convinced that these forks go with this still unknown frame/bike.

Any more guesses?:hammer: as the jurry is still out...

mcbob

Looks similier to a Grand-Prix to me they have " made in Taiwan " stamped into the rear engine mounting plate.

But the upright rear tubing is more upright and the axle locators are different.

Mc Bob.

Last edited:

den35

My Arctic cat prowler has the same style drum brakes.I'm thinking it's a relatively generic brake design.Should be real easy to replace.

markus

Very interesting... have to look into that.

I just stripped the black paint off the frame and the spray rad off the forks to reveal a nice deap 2-3 stage candy red pain on both. I am evem more convinced that these forks go with this still unknown frame/bike.

Any more guesses?:hammer: as the jurry is still out...

I agree on the brakes I just had all my z50 hardtail parts strewn out so I confirmed it for ya:

Those front fork bottoms look like my may have been a honda copy as well:

Are there front brakes? May be a setup simaliar to a QA 50 or something.

delray

it almost looks like someone put the bike together with different parts:eek:ut: the frame looks like a scat cat and also the seat for sure.
still looks like a cool project to restore and have fun with:thumbsup:...........................:scooter: