Need a new mower, so...

OldMan

I'm 99.5% sure I'm going to drop the hammer on one of these tomorrow...

Gravely XDZ 160iM:

The local dealer (2 miles away) has 12 months-same as cash... and I always like interest-free purchases. :wink:

It's a bit pricey, but my "yard" is over 4 acres and this will save me a lot of time, plus it has a pretty good warranty and local parts/service.

OldMan

Got it dirty today... trying to beat the rain predicted again tomorrow... it is a mowing machine, but it took a bit of time for me to get good at maneuvering. :biggrin:

Got it dirty today... trying to beat the rain predicted again tomorrow... it is a mowing machine, but it took a bit of time for me to get good at maneuvering. :biggrin:
I'll bet it turns on a dime and leaves 9 cents change! Time for video...

OldMan

The trick is to keep both tires moving when you pivot... if you don't you'll make a divot... I only had to fix two! :doah:

It is really gonna cut my mowing time down though!

I stopped to look at a hot rod by the road a while back, and the guy was a Bobcat dealer. I think he said it would mow 38 acres in an 8 hour day. I could see where it would take some getting used to with the steering. One had a 72" deck, I think. I mow about 3 acres in the spring, but it gets down to about 1 acre by fall. For now, I'm gonna stick with my Craftsman. Did they give you any specs on how much you can mow in a day? Did it come with a beer holder?

OldMan

I stopped to look at a hot rod by the road a while back, and the guy was a Bobcat dealer. I think he said it would mow 38 acres in an 8 hour day. I could see where it would take some getting used to with the steering. One had a 72" deck, I think. I mow about 3 acres in the spring, but it gets down to about 1 acre by fall. For now, I'm gonna stick with my Craftsman. Did they give you any specs on how much you can mow in a day? Did it come with a beer holder?
Jim,

If the ground is smmoooootttthhhh like a golf course (mine ain't) you could mow 4 acres/hour. I was able to mow 2 in a 1.5 hours, while still learning, and only running at 3/4 throttle.