need help putting fire into red dragon

whatsup guys,
so ive got tecumseh HS50-76110A on an old db...and im havin trouble gettin it started...i know the ignition works, the crank shaft turns freely and the piston/vavles function as they should...where i believe the problem lies is in the carb and or governor...the thing is old and it has no choke or primer(necessary?)...the rest of the carb is new so i know it works...ive heard that with old engines its easiest just to remove the governor...is this something i might want to do? are the negatives and positives to that....how far open should i set the idle?..these are some of my major questions plus some...so any help is appreciated...and spare no details as i am trying to learn...i have some pictures posted on my project log "mystery bike revival"...but i posted these questions again on a new thread...because this is apparently where were supposed to ask questions...thanks

The gov should not keep it from running its purpose is to limit top rpm there are probably 3 screws you need to work with the idle speed screw it controls the minimum throttle opening and idle speed the idle air screw usually on the side start with it at 1and 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 turns open the main jet will either be straight up through the float bowl or down from the top start with it at about two turns open there sould be a choke butterfly unless it was in a seperate housing on that carb where the air filter went without a pic of the carb it's hard to say if you have the engine on the bike either take the chain off or raise the rear wheel till you get everything adjusted if it has comp and spark it should at least pop[ a couple times if you spray a little carb spray in the carb if not you may have other issues good luck:confused:

thanks for the help...ill work with it tonight when i get off work...and if no success ill post some pictures...if it works we'll celebrate