Need Help with Rupp/Tecumseh Throttle

I bought a Rupp Bandit that was about 95% restored and I am trying to button up the last few items the bike needs. I will admit I don't know much about the Rupps or Tecumsehs which is why I am posting. I searched here and got some good info, but I still need some help. Please take a look at the pictures, one is the parts I bought that I thought would complete my throttle linkage and the other is of the bike as I bought it. Let me know if the parts are right, I couldn't seem to find the right combination to get it assembled last night. Thanks ahead of time. Tim

Attachments

Hello, your missing a bushing that goes into that small arm, a flat washer and lock nut. It looks like something is installed in the large hole in that arm. That is where the bushing goes.
Regards, Joe51

markus

#29530 -bushing, bell crank/ #28537 -washer-outer/ #30529 -nut, lock 10-32. You should be able to still find those particular parts, I just ordered some washers and torsion springs myself I when I ordered some other stuff and from what I saw there were still some of the pieces available I used powerequipmentdeals on ebay.

The bushing and the washer need to be specific, the washer is the just the right size to keep the spring in place without being too large to prevent servicing, and the bushing is stepped so the bell crank arm is not restricted in movement.

order of installment goes thin washer (you have that on there already) bellcrank arm, stepped bushing (step goes through the arm), torsion spring hooks to the top of the bracket and fits over the bushing, fat washer then nut.

markus

Thanks for the quick response. Would you know where I can get those parts quickly?

I usually only buy that stuff on ebay, I found the sites that have Tecumseh parts lists/breakdowns you order from end up using you to find out that the part is no longer available from the supplier. Nothing sucks more than spending an hour+ placing an order and trying to come up with enough to make the shipping affordable only to get an email 2 days later saying 90% of the stuff you ordered is NLA....but we do have the air filter and spark plug (so does the hardware store down the street) :doah: So I just use those sites to find the part numbers/breakdowns and then search ebay and buy it there if possible:laugh:

These were the guys that had the bushing and washer I bought from last:

I used powerequipmentdeals on ebay.

Does the throttle actuator look like it is correct? I couldn't get it to work. I have seen some others that look more like a crescent than this one.

markus

Does the throttle actuator look like it is correct? I couldn't get it to work. I have seen some others that look more like a crescent than this one.
:doah: you are correct, and apologies for NOT catching that this morning!!! the arm you have is what the medium frame (H50/5hp and up) used in thier setup

What was used on your assembly was part number 30651a and 30651 one of those does not have the hole drilled through the tab for the cable to pass through, you would just need to do that. That part, unfortunately is probably going to be a tough one to find anymore through tecumseh. I dont know if the guys that make the complete reproduction assemblies offer those parts on their own or not.

TJ,

Where are you in Ohio? I may have found one laying on a shelf in a shop. I'd have to make a call. They are showing 1 in stock.

Doc

I can sell you a repo. Here is a pic of the entire assembly. I can provide the bushing, arm, washer and correct nut.
15.00 shipped to your door. Should save you some search time. Let me know.
Regards, Joe51