Need help with sears roper Handel bars

Hey guys trying to seperate the Handel bars from the front frame of my roper. Need to get it powder coated but don't want the springs and chrome parts to be sprayed. All the shops I talked to cant spray it the way it is. They tell me it needs to be pulled apart. Just by looking at it is seems impossible to do this. Any ideas??

Are the forks stuck? :shrug: or do they still have some spring to 'em?

If they're stuck, you're gonna need to heat the crap outta them with a torch to get them apart. I can't remember for sure, but you will prolly have to cut the weld on the fender bracket on the lowers too.

Post some pics of what you're working with, it helps. :thumbsup:

They DO come apart as other members with Sears Ropers have shown project log photos with the upper and lower fork tubes (and springs) removed. I think awhile back (maybe a few months or more) OldMiniBikes member "YOOPERRACER" posted some photos of a red Sears Roper with all of the fork parts disassembled. Be patient, as I am sure someone will reply and provide the answer!:scooter:
Michael

Harleys Papa posted the thread and photos that I was referring to (Thanks Randy!) If I understand Gilrockit's question correctly, he wants to get the front forks disassembled exactly the way Yooperracer shows them in the photo you posted. On a Sears Roper the upper forks above the triple tree do NOT come off as they are one piece all the way through.

Thanks guys for all the help. So what I want to do is heat up the tags to pull them apart? If you look throw my other post I give model numbers and pix of the bike. Thanks again:)

Ok one more thing, the springs hold everything together? My goal is to get them off. But if I heat the tabs that hold them in how will i put it back together with out damaging the new powder coat. Do i need to heat them up to put back together?? Or is their a better way to get them apart. Thanks again the bike goes under the knife tomorrow.:shrug:

You would have to get the bars and trees/tubes stripped and the bars and welds chromed only and very well. And a good shop can stop it there if you tell em to. You then paint or powder coat the rest is the only logical way to do it as the factory did unless I looked at mine wrong.:shrug: I have one but will run it in original finish like always,:thumbsup:

Ok one more thing, the springs hold everything together? My goal is to get them off. But if I heat the tabs that hold them in how will i put it back together with out damaging the new powder coat. Do i need to heat them up to put back together?? Or is their a better way to get them apart. Thanks again the bike goes under the knife tomorrow.:shrug:
And the springs do hold it together in a way since you have to twist em both at once if the fender bracket is to stay intact but the ones I've had needed to be split and then PB blast the lowers and heat em with a propane torch so as not to get too hot then gently twist em off then clean em up and the tubes need cleaned out too. I hope that makes sense, I'm feeling my pain meds kick in about now. Zzzzzzzzz.........:laugh:

Ok, my plan is to cut the center of the fender well and then hope they will spin off. This way the fender will cover the weld. Your saying if the springs are stuck to heat them up and it will spin more freely? Thanks for all the help:thumbsup:

I would not cut or heat up ANYTHING!:eek: Why not contact "Yooperracer" directly (PM) and ask HIM how he removed the springs, as seen in the photos of his thread?:shrug:
Michael