Need some advice

Ok, so I've got a 6.5HP champion(clone) with a PZ22 carb, will be getting an AGK header, and have the governor and oil sensor removed. I plan on upgrading the springs to 18lb springs and I found out where I can get a new GX200 or GX160 flywheel for $10. I also have had people tell me to invest in an arc flywheel. Now I don't want to go too much past 6000 rpms with this engine and I am not sure whether to just get the Honda Flywheel(due to its low cost, I have heard these flywheels hold up better than the stock clone flywheels) or save up and invest in the arc flywheel, what do you all think?

if you want better throttle response, higher RPMs, a flywheel that has NO possibility of blowing, and an overall lighter minibike, i'd go for the ARC. if you want to risk it, and still have stock performance, then buy the stock flywheel...

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Go for the GX160 flywheel.

You will have a little extra timing with the stock key installed, and they can run at 7,000 RPM all day long. Make sure it's the real thing and not a clone version.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It is lighter, but if he is posting about the price difference. Then most likely he is trying to ride safely and save a little money at the same time. Which is the reason for my answer.

Last edited:
MDB do you know that they can turn at 7,000 RPM all day from experience or is this documented somewhere by Honda or someone else? People are telling me that the Honda flywheel is no different than that which comes stock with the clone

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Those people are retarded that's all.

Way before ARC even got involved with the Honda all there was was original Honda parts used. ARC just got into making parts for the Honda when F200 racing started.

1/4 midget, and half midget racing has been going on for a very long time.