Need some help here. What is this?

Thanks a bunch.
I need some parts like axles , seat clutch , chain. ect. wheres the best place to get them?
Also do you know about what year this might be.

Thanks a bunch.
I need some parts like axles , seat clutch , chain. ect. wheres the best place to get them?
Also do you know about what year this might be.
You don't have to go far...just click on the link at the top of the page, the OldMiniBikes Warehouse has everything you need.:thumbsup:

The forks looked to be tweaked a little..you can straighten them out no problem just do a search on here on how to do it properly. . Plan on replacing the wheel bearings...be sure to get the ones with the steel flange like the originals.

If you want a seat exactly like the original there are a few members on here who make seats from the original templates. That bike I think should also have the "stars" in the wheel hubs but they are expensive to replace...IF you can find them.

There are a lot of CAT collectors on board here...they will be along shortly to help you.

Last edited:
Interesting you have a front fender sitting there. That, along with the blue paint underneath might mean it was a Cat All American version. Still essentially a 300X. Due to the difficulty in locating rear fenders, I'd go ahead and restore it as a 300 without fenders. They make nice little bikes.

Chain, bearings, axles, and tires can be found on the OldMiniBikes Warehouse link above. If you decide to restore it, I have two re-popped foot pegs and one wheel star. Also have a chrome fork spring, maybe a few other things. Half a wheel somewhere.

HPE Muskin put serial numbers on the front, top, left hand side of the engine plates. The first digit, then later the first two digits denoted year, but on some models destined for chain stores, there wasn't always a serial number. Either way, I'd say you're looking at 70 to 74, if it's an All American. I wouldn't say it was a 69, because the 300's of that year tended to have welded foot pegs, not swivel. My two cent's worth. Let me know if I can help.

LOL, couldn't have guessed it was a Cat without KKK's help. :laugh:

Old Cushman, I sent you a PM back. Let me go through all of my stuff and pull out the Cat parts you need. I will send photos today or tomorrow as a private message. If you are going to put wheel stars on it, you will need a total of three. (I have one) Also, the rear fender is difficult to locate, and expensive when you do.