needs more stoping power

so i got a baja warrior last year and the engine was shit. got a new engine for it. maybe a little to big but i made it fit. now i need some ideas on how to make the bike stop without killing my self. stock brake doesn't quite work at higher speeds.

the trailer is there just to give me some ideas for a hitch.

capguncowboy

Clutch band brakes work great. They're fairly cheap too -- check on OldMiniBikes for the kits.

I have a big-wheeled bike with a trailer hitch. Here's a picture of it when I got it.

Last edited:
i was thinking about the front drum break but i am concerned with the extra stress on the front as is.i was wondering about a hydraulic rear break...been googling but nothing comes up

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
i was thinking about the front drum break but i am concerned with the extra stress on the front as is.i was wondering about a hydraulic rear break...been googling but nothing comes up
You would need to fab up your own bracket and get a pocket bike brake system.

Add a front drum.
You use both brakes together and although it does stress things more the front brake is really the only serious option for added stopping power and more importantly control.

unless there are aftermarket rims with a mount for the disk already
This is the easiest way to add a front braek use a rear wheel assembly.

You can fabricate something with a disk and bolt it on the back.
You might even manage to do the same to the front but you do not need a disk.

This bike is pretty fast and there is no need for more stopping power to slow it down.
I can however roll right through the rear brake under full power and continue to excellerate untill I fry off the lining.
No shortage of power here.....

any reinforcements i have to add with the front break? or is the stock front strong enough to handle it? i have to keep in mind it has a 13 horse engine on it. it is a bit heavier .