New Build "Streeter"

tripp

the bars really give the frame a cool look. those wheels:drool: I would like a set and paint the center grey like torq thrusts.
Another cool look for this wheel is to protect the outer lip and then glass bead blast the inner rim and spokes. gives it a nice dull look with a polished lip.

Absolutely killer fab work, man...

A vintage style frame, but with a custom mod to the bars that looks great...

I'm anxious to see how the AzusaLite holds up when used as a driven wheel...should be OK with a mildly-modded motor and a centrifugal clutch...

tripp

Yellow, I hear ya! There's not much in the way of a hub area on the astro's. The cast alum is pretty thin walled, 2 pieced (worse) and probabley on a short path to failure under stress. Hope it's not me on it when that happens!:grind: lol

Nice work on your new creation, Is "Tripper " in the works for the name of your new bike, should be a thought at least, "T" shaped handle bars, your name is tripper, at least here, and "Tripper" is also a good action word, someone used to make a mini bike, with a mini bike rear end and a front end like a cart, you could carry another person in it if you wanted, they called it a "JOBBER" mini, anyone ever seen one? They were dual use mini's, work it or play with it, Your's looks great!!!! Good luck with the rest!!
dave

Another cool look for this wheel is to protect the outer lip and then glass bead blast the inner rim and spokes. gives it a nice dull look with a polished lip.
werd!
I think it would be pretty dope to find a paint that looks like magnesium and paint the whole wheel. I love the old magnesium race wheels.

tripp

OK, looking for opinions here... Motor choices Hmmm? I have 2 more new 6.5's and mik carbs, and a couple of garage sale Briggs a 3 and a 3.5hp. With the minibikes, the old school look is what grabs my attention and brings back all the memories. I have that problem however of " I gotta make it better syndrom". I'm a tinker tanker.

Question: Should I build a bad ass 6.5 w/ custom detached polished alum tank and paint the steel areas to match the bike colors, or referbish one of the old briggs motors and toss on some upgrades such as pipe and carb? I'm kinda going back and forth here. I know there are "stock appearing" race carbs for the briggs but have never messed with them much.

Westy had a sprocket hub machined to fit the AzusaLite wheel he put on the back of his Kawasaki Coyote rebuild...

The West Bend 820 engine fitted with a centrifugal clutch seemed to be a good choice for the bike because it probably wasn't going to throw gobs of instantaneous torque to the rear wheel...

Last we heard, he was debating whether or not to even put gas in the bike, so we may never know if his sprocket adaptor worked satisfactorily...

Surplus Center has brand new Tecumseh AH600 two-stroke 4hp engines for $119 each...my next bike is getting a pair of them...

my vote goes for cleaning up an old motor. i think it would look killer on that w/ those tbars. i might just have to ask you to fab me up some of those bad boys seeing as my forks are bent to shat!