New Cat Eliminator owner

You should be able to straighten the bars if they are not that bad ... Cat lowers are tough .. I actually have a very straight set I would let go of .. you have a clutch cover too ?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
The bike from the woods has a caliper I am rebuilding to use on the good frame. the good frame was caliperless when I got it.

Looking for a seat, switch plate, sissy bar, and a correct Tecumseh but everything else is there.

Bars and forks are bent slightly, any advice on how to straighten them would be awesome!
Seat, Ask manchester1 , She makes beautiful re-makes of the seat.

Switch plate will be a slightly hard find as everyone is looking for them

Sissy bar, someone may have one OR use a re-pop

Correct engine can be had for the right $$$

Last edited:
You should be able to straighten the bars if they are not that bad ... Cat lowers are tough .. I actually have a very straight set I would let go of .. you have a clutch cover too ?
I may be interested in the lowers! No I do not have the clutch cover, or the clutch for that matter.

Last edited:
Seat, Ask manchester1 , She makes beautiful re-makes of the seat.

Switch plate will be a slightly hard find as everyone is looking for them

Sissy bar, someone may have one OR use a re-pop

Correct engine can be had for the right $$$
Thanks for the tip on the seat!

I just scored a complete Toro snowblower with the correct HS40 Tecumseh in running order for $25!!!

The Eliminator is one of my favorites! Like bikebuddy said, those switch plates are hard to find...... wish someone would re-pop them. I know there's some talented guys out there but I think they need an example to copy.

So what I thought was the correct engine on the snow blower turned out to be a bit newer and has a 1" shaft and electric start. I will probably use it for now as it runs great though.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
No reason to not use it as a Temp engine until you find the right one for the job.

Which I have not seen the Sears 4hp Tec you just got, but at least it has a 3/4" crank.

Finally getting back on here after being away for work. Prior to leaving I managed to get a good evening worth of progress done. Welded up some major cracks in the motor plate and started prepping the engine for its new life.
0206172017b.jpg 0206172027.jpg 0206172126.jpg 0208172256.jpg

Why do you say to not use it and go briggs instead?
My mistake. When you said 1 inch shaft and electric start, I was thinking you had a 8hp big block Tecumseh. I suggested the five horse Briggs because they are easy to fine and would get you by until you found a small block Tecumseh. I really like the cat Eliminator. They are a very sharp looking Mini Bike [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mistake. When you said 1 inch shaft and electric start, I was thinking you had a 8hp big block Tecumseh. I suggested the five horse Briggs because they are easy to fine and would get you by until you found a small block Tecumseh. I really like the cat Eliminator. They are a very sharp looking Mini Bike [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice! I now have a 5hp tecumseh that has a 3/4" crank, I just had to cut off the pto on the cam.

I will use this for now.

Any one know if the motor n these bikes should be painted black or white?