New Forum Member/not new minibiker

Hey all

My names Jerry, and I finally got my minibike all back together after 2 years of it in pieces.

I first started minibiking 5 years ago when I was 13, when my desire to have my own motor vehicle was overpowering. I saved up all my money from substituting for my friends paper routes, and I bought my own frame. I then asked my uncle if I could have a 3hp that he had, and he kindly gave it to me. My uncle is into minibikes also, as he saved up all his money also when he was little to buy his own.

I started with the 3 Hp, but it got to be a little to under-powered for me after about a year. I then got an industrial I/C 5hp briggs to put in. That was great for awhile, but then my uncle kindly gave me a used Raptor engine for christmas, and I took everything off my I/C and placed it on the Raptor. It had a little bit more power.

2 years ago I decided to take it apart and repaint. I repainted, but I then got busy doing other projects, and it sat on the side. It wasnt until the last two weeks that I thought "Lets put my minibike back together" I now have the money to do things the right way with having a good-paying job. I have also gotten into maxi-bikes, so I guess it all wasnt that bad I put it aside for awhile.

So I threw it all back together, and the Raptor, with fresh gas, fired up on about 5 pulls.

After a few shake-down runs, I foound I will have to tear apart the Briggs pulsa jet and clean it, as It missfires when im gunning it. After all, it has been sitting for 2 years!!

heres a pic, if anyone can tell me what kind of frame it is, I would gladly appreciate it!!

Oldsalt

That's an Alexander-Reynolds. The two tabs, on the underneath side of the top tube forward of the seat, were gas tank mounts. It had a plastic gastank that sat on top the frame like a motorcycle. I like that machine!