new guy needs opinion

new member here, i live in cadillac michigan. i used to collect mini's 20 years ago and changed to vintage sleds. my closefriend has gotten me back into the minis. he collects mtd trail flites and rupps. i recently picked up a big tire mini. i think its a sand n snow, it's been the victim of a young kid with a hacksaw and flat black paint, a capless whizzer gas tank, wrong seat, no motor. my plan is to save the ol girl. i am interested in what you think about the 420 predator engine, our local harbor freight has it on sale for 299 with electric start. it also has the lighting coil. so i thought it would be nice to have with lites on it.

thanks fellas, i'm kinda getting stoked about this 420 engine, i'm gonna take some pics of my fat tired bike, lol, tired is rite, and see if you guys can pinpoint what it is I have. no numbers, stampings or tags anywhere. 20 years ago I had 43 or so, I have had almost all of em, but it's been too long just to be able to look at a chassis, gussets, welds, etc and be able to say what it was. maybe we can come up with one of my earlier guesses may be correct. anyhow thanks again for the warm love- moose

Greetings..it's a hulk of a frame with good engine space,long as everything beafed up to handle that fat engine and get brakes sorted should be fun...guess you're gonna ride in the snow..that white fluffy stuff i hear falls from the sky up there.:laugh:....enjoy the build..:thumbsup:

oldsledz

That is an El Burro, they used a decal for the serial number I am sure it is long gone from that bike. Get a bike going and we will do some riding sometime.

Greetings..it's a hulk of a frame with good engine space,long as everything beafed up to handle that fat engine and get brakes sorted should be fun...guess you're gonna ride in the snow..that white fluffy stuff i hear falls from the sky up there.:laugh:....enjoy the build..:thumbsup:
yeah i'll have to try it out on the snow, I sold a speedway black widow this spring along with a fat tire ski kit, wish id've kept it- thanks

I was actually thinking of adding some gussets up @ the stem, as I am 6'3" 270, and i'm gonna build a battery box for the e-start and lights, maybe even a couple above the rear axle too, idk couldn't hurt-thanks