New here

They downtube has a bad repair I’m going to take it to frame guy in morning and have the downtube replaced and go from there any advice or parts that belong on this please feel free to advise me. A buddy found for me we didn’t know about repair till I went to pick up bummed about that but in my mind this was mine as soon as I saw the ad and this poster helped

Attachments

Broke Joke

The wheels alone are worth the purchase price! I’m afraid to say ... you are hooked my friend! !! I’m sure we will see more posts and purchases in the future

markus

Can u tell me more what’s the difference?
Rupp made changes to the frame starting in 1969, along with renaming them "Chopper" at that point, they changed the engine mount plates from flat plates that just had a single set of mount slots to multiple slots across the mounts. A tab at the left rear downtube was added to mount the full chainguard that they now had. Seat mount strap went from one single across the top to two separate straps as the seat was changed to the longer rectangular one. those changes went from 1969-70 for the Chopper. in 1971 they renamed the bike to "rascal" all those changes stayed in place but they also changed the fork lowers to crimped tubing ends with longer spacers to mount the front wheel, and made the scrub brake assembly removable from the frame by just slotting the frame mount tabs (models before the scrub was not removable without cutting something off)

The bike pictured above I put as a 1968 "cub" because of what is on it. Looks to have the older style engine plates, and no tab on the rear downtube, It also has the wide bolt pattern lip mount sprocket......that was introduced in 1968, so that would for the most part narrow that particular bike down to 1968 year only. I am of course only seeing 2 really terrible photos of the bike above so I could be seeing something incorrectly, when you start tearing it down to rebuild it you can verify what it has for tabs/mounts/etc. to get a better idea of what year/model it is.

I posted some more not so great pics thanks for the low down. For that I think ur correct thanks . I took frame in to get down tube replaced I pick it up on Friday then I can sandblast and powder coat or paint. And clean and do a little research for parts tires etc.