New little project to waste money on

New to the forum, the name is Brandon and I live in the Nashville area.

Since I was young I have always wanted a little minibike finally got this little beauty. Ran across a buddy looking to get rid of this one, he just put a 6.5hp Central Machinery (less than 40 hours on it). I have a co-worker who is starting a little weekend go-kart racing thing in the woods behind his house and I plan on cleaning up on this little guy.

I got it for $100 and plan to put another $200 in it, I figure the little guy should scream after that. Going to start with an intake and exhaust before getting too deep.

I tried attaching a picture but we'll see how it goes, haha.

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. It's a great place to start.
Tons of ideas and suggestions in the "Lets see your modded DB's" thread.

JoshM

Where in Franklin are you? I'm in the Leipers Fork area. I just bought a DB30 roller I've been working on. Waiting on some parts from OldMiniBikes so I can finally ride it.

Nice Subie!

I am also a new member to OldMiniBikes. I picked up 2 doodlebug db 30's over the weekend. One was complete and running, the other is missing alot of parts and i plan on working it to the max. The original one will be for my 5 yr old son and i plan on putting the predator 212cc 6.5 hp in mine.

I need a rear wheel assy for a Doodlebug DB 30. Anybody know where i can buy one? OldMiniBikes is asking $65.00 for the rim alone, i tried getting one on Ebay but someone bought it before i was able to. Thanks for any info supplied.

I need a rear wheel assy for a Doodlebug DB 30. Anybody know where i can buy one? OldMiniBikes is asking $65.00 for the rim alone, i tried getting one on Ebay but someone bought it before i was able to. Thanks for any info supplied.
post it in your on there'd under the wanted section

Where in Franklin are you? I'm in the Leipers Fork area. I just bought a DB30 roller I've been working on. Waiting on some parts from OldMiniBikes so I can finally ride it.

Nice Subie!
I am currently living in the Smyrna area but we are buying a house in the South Franklin/Goose Creek area. We like Leipers Fork alot but way to far from my work.

Yeah if you dont want a real/nojoke/drainyourbankaccount money pit then don't build a fast Subaru... I LOVE that car, it's my baby, but it is a reeeeaaaaal pain in the a** sometimes! Just get an old Chevy Truck instead, can't go wrong. :smile:

JoshM

There's a lot of houses going up in that area. My wife and I were thinking of moving over there, but it's so peaceful out where we are. I don't think I could get used to a neighborhood lol.

I use to have a turbo Honda, so I understand the never ending money pit. Now I have a new(er) Chevy truck, although I'd love a 71/72 someday.

....Just get an old Chevy Truck instead, can't go wrong. :smile:
Mmmm, C-10 with baby moons...yummy! Yes, you can't go wrong with one if there is little to no rust. The only thing those old trucks lack is good A/C :laugh: But you can stuff just about any engine in there you like. I may do a V8 S-10 in the near future, but so many guys build them that I may just buy a converted one and trick it out from there (only in a subtle manner: I'm not a bagger).

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!