New manual clutch coming out.

I'm guessing that wacky clutch lever they show contains a lockout mechanism? I'm just wondering how this device makes life easier, especially on a fun machine...

Last edited:
As I said on the FB forums, I had the chance to talk with these guys while working for OldMiniBikes. They were adamant about making improvements to the DB design. They were actually trying to purchase a DB unit to study and find the weakness. I still cannot see without a gear changing trans how this is going to be better than a TAV or centrifugal unit, but hopefully it is!

markus

As I said on the FB forums, I had the chance to talk with these guys while working for OldMiniBikes. They were adamant about making improvements to the DB design. They were actually trying to purchase a DB unit to study and find the weakness. I still cannot see without a gear changing trans how this is going to be better than a TAV or centrifugal unit, but hopefully it is!
So they are not connected with downs brothers? Their chief engineer is listed as Dan Downs :shrug:

i kinda figured it was a new rendition of thier design .... it wont hold hp !! with out burning up .. strictly a conversation piece . and thats a big price tag for that

I never looked at anything. When I spoke to the one gentleman, there was no web site yet or anything. I'd have to dig up his name.
If it fits the Honda and Predator it should fit a Tec. I believe someone tested one on a Briggs as well(older version).

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

MB165

Neat lookin item, what the heck, i got on the wait list.
looks like a common kart type disk setup, website says ceramic brass material. Version 1 always locked up tight for me, even smoking hot, so with two disks on this one hopefully there should be more surface area than Version 1. If the downs brothers are involved, it should be a decent unit. they spend alot of time testing before we see em.