New member jan 2 2017

Which engine would you like to see on a Hornet MB-80

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey,

Gents, Ladies, fellow minibikers and small engine tinkerers. Thought I say hi, and that Im looking forward to the forum, I dont do many groups or threads; this site hits home for me, what grown child doesnt love a minibike or kart.

I've been hooked on the hornet mb-80 eversince me and my brother were givin one when we were in highschool hence the name. Unfortunately it was sold about three years after, been kickin myself ever since. This was 16 years ago by now.

I grew into a detroit v-12 v-16 mechanic and was born and raised around hotrods and mud boats. I eventually plan on building another mb-80 if I can find one. That said anything I can add I will be greatful to help, anything you guys can add I'm open to listen.

Currently seeking:
K&S Hornet/Roadrunner Deluxe MB-80 (single seater, without rear suspension, with jackshaft) parts:

-frame
-forks/handle bars
-rims
-jackshaft components

Happy Building! :)

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. What part of Vermont do you hail from? Southern, Central, NE Kingdom? I was born in Randolph and have/had family in Rutland, Montpelier and Bradford. My nephew graduated from UVM a year ago. Good luck on your search!

Thanks for the welcome,

Brooklyn Bob, Chain Linkin, MrPat, DrShopTeacher ( im in central vt. 3 yr. Louisiana transplant). I hope to contribute something eventually.

I had an mb-80 was just the springer front end 3.5 tech engine i shaved the head ran it open headered with if i remember right a 2' long 3/4 or 1/2 galvanized pipe, no real brakes or throttle cable( weedeater string round the fame and ankle) no pull rope cover or clutch cover, seat was a box made out of a bunch of 1x6

Mine was definitely the mb-80 hardtail, first picture on left of the brochure picture MrPat. Tht hardtail is rough on the spine in an unplowed field, bet your glad your bikes got dual suspension, i still got back trouble from the one i used to own, back starts to twitch everytime I see one, tail bone dont like it much either, but I aint been one to give up