new style db

Hi everyone first post here im new to the world of minis. i started watching some youtube videos of doodlebugs and went out and bought on 2 days later.
well i put it together and it will run fast for about 50 yards if im lucky then it lurches along at 5 miles an hour if it moves at all. the engine runs fine seems that the clutch is slipping or just wont lock in. it sucks i cant even ride my new bike.
anyway ill eventually do the 6.5 swap but any ideas on what i can do to ride it right now with the stock 3.8? i oiled the bearing on the clutch and sprayed it out with brake fluid seemed to help a bit but still not rideable. when it does actually lock in as soon as it gets up to speed the engine just shuts off.
:thumbsup:any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance fellas

Just got one myself. I've read that the engine can run better at half choke and (believe it or not) half fuel cutoff (it seems the valve is not necessarily fully open when you open the switch). Fiddle with those and make sure the thing is fully warmed up (5 min)

thanks after spraying the clutch out some more with brake cleaner i got it to go fast a couple times sometimes it seems like the motor isnt hitting high enough rpms also its been givin me some trouble idleing i think i havent been letting it warm up enough im going to fiddle with the idle choke n throttle screw thing to see if i can get it idling good then ill let it warm up for 5 minutes...

yo doodleman i took your advice and i couldnt believe it i put the gas switch and choke to half let it warm up for 5 and it runs a lot better i actually got to ride it... its shutting off though when i go from fast to slow and the pull start might be broken :sad: so still tinkerin for now