New to me sled

Well..it has been many years since I had a sled. A friend offered me this bad boy for free. So of coarse being a Hoarder and a adrenalin junky....I said yes. After a bit of research (5 min on Google search..lol)..I found out it was a Wee Lark. It had originally a Clinton 2 stroke engine and this model was produced between 1970-72. Unfortunately...the old motor is gone and a newer 5HP Tec is on it now. The other bad is..they cut the hood to make room for the taller motor:doah:. Since it uses a standard clutch and chains....kinda leaves a lot of room for modifications. Any input on this sled would be helpful in my choice of what to do with it. I lean toward a 6.5 built clone....but I also have a Clinton to put on it:shrug:. Anyways...here she is.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
What its supposed to look like >

I think its great, even if the did cut the hood.

The 5hp should suit it just fine, you could put in the 6.5 clone but will not gain any speed.

I've never seen under the hood of one an don't know if you can mod it for get up an go?

What is the track like under it ( Pic Please )

Great find :thumbsup:

ed;
Found some pics on line, depending on year or model. they had chain to chain OR TAV to chain.

Is your track the OG track ?

Last edited:
What its supposed to look like >

I think its great, even if the did cut the hood.

The 5hp should suit it just fine, you could put in the 6.5 clone but will not gain any speed.

I've never seen under the hood of one an don't know if you can mod it for get up an go?

What is the track like under it ( Pic Please )

Great find :thumbsup:

ed;
Found some pics on line, depending on year or model. they had chain to chain OR TAV to chain.

Is your track the OG track ?

The Ski Lark is the bigger model. This is the Wee Lark like in the bottom two of your pics. It is smaller than the Arctic Cat kids sled...lol. The track looks real good. And all the sprockets are in great shape. I will grab pics tomorrow:thumbsup:

very cool id like to find something like that for free :thumbsup: modded clone sounds good with a tav. then you can put the tank low in front with a pump and fix the hood somehow

Great sled Cheezy:thumbsup: I would leave the Tecumseh on there and use a TAV and let her rip:laugh: Plus the heatbox on the carb will protect your junk when it backfires!

Thanks everybody:thumbsup:. And some good suggestions..except Harleys Papa:laugh:. I do like the idea of repairing the hood and putting a hopped up motor with reserve tank idea. Gives it the "sneaky" stock original look. But can haul rump when needed.
And jdogg....

That is another interesting take on it. Big chromed out motor sticking out. I like that...and the Hot Wheels look. And the original color is red....interesting.

yeah you should leave it ..... the sno pro look ... but to be true vintage you need a 2 smoker sticking outa hood like a mcculloch kart engine ..smaller., lighter .,sound better and way way faster than any tater digger motor ..lol