New to me sled

yeah you should leave it ..... the sno pro look ... but to be true vintage you need a 2 smoker sticking outa hood like a mcculloch kart engine ..smaller., lighter .,sound better and way way faster than any tater digger motor ..lol
My thoughts exactly-
I have a West Bend 580...but that won't stick out the same. Maybe a duel carb Mac motor would be sweet all polished out. :shrug:

Animal...:thumbsup:
Animals are poop :laugh:

a nice little torquey prededator would be cool
black mamba jr
26lb springs
rod
flywheel
22 mikuni
custom little pipe
little bit of head work and it would be a cool lil ride...:scooter:
we should all get one and build up some little motors to make up for our minibike hobbys

yes the mini brute is my all time favorite mini sled ..I have a lil skipper ., a sno sprite ., and an auto ski mini jet ., some POS stole my mini brute ..

Cope

Cool find! They were made all the way out in Freedom California by Larkin aircraft co. The wee lark is said to be the smallest of all mini sleds. I don't have any good pics of the wee lark after we refinished it(was a mess when we found it) but here's some anyway. We ended up using an old 3hp tec because the original engine was gone. We fit it without cutting the hood. Also have a ski lark. :)

image free hosting

Cool find! They were made all the way out in Freedom California by Larkin aircraft co. The wee lark is said to be the smallest of all mini sleds. I don't have any good pics of the wee lark after we refinished it(was a mess when we found it) but here's some anyway. We ended up using an old 3hp tec because the original engine was gone. We fit it without cutting the hood. Also have a ski lark. :)

image free hosting
How did you find parts for the Wee Lark you re-did? Thanks

Cope

Luckily it was only missing the engine... Needed a seat but that was easy enough. We pulled it down to a bare tunnel and media blasted everything. Was a fun project because it was small. My dad and me have done a few full size sled resto's and they took much longer. The clintons are easy enough to find but the company who bought Larkin out ended up using tecumseh 4cycles on whatever they called the former wee larks from what I hear so I didn't really see a problem with using one. Also the ski lark came with a tecumseh 4hp 4cycle.

Luckily it was only missing the engine... Needed a seat but that was easy enough. We pulled it down to a bare tunnel and media blasted everything. Was a fun project because it was small. My dad and me have done a few full size sled resto's and they took much longer. The clintons are easy enough to find but the company who bought Larkin out ended up using tecumseh 4cycles on whatever they called the former wee larks from what I hear so I didn't really see a problem with using one. Also the ski lark came with a tecumseh 4hp 4cycle.
Thanks. And from what I read...Zurouski Enterprises out of Watsonvill Ca. bought them out in 74-75 ish. They went to a 5hp Tec motor on most once they were bought. And everything is there on mine....and it is pretty straight and clean besides that cut up hood. I am thinking it would make a cool winter time "build off" thing if enough people had one (or similiar in size) on here.

I am thinking it would make a cool winter time "build off" thing if enough people had one (or similiar in size) on here.
Bill, I am far removed from snow and sleds, but even I can tell this is one cool machine.

It seems to me a higher displacement two stroke would provide the best power plant. All of them are high dollar now though. At any rate, I would love to see you build this up.

west bend 820 would fill the gap ..there plentiful not super expensive all aluminum cases they polish up nice 134 cc they have real good 2 stroke low end and rev out pretty nice ..also common with 3/4 straight shafts .. easy easy swap ..twice the power and twice as inexpensive as any tater digger ..you can spend couple or three hundred on a rod and flywheel for a 4 strokinoff or get whole west bend 820 with twice the power bolt on and go for around 300.00 ..

lol just being mean I really don't mind 4 strokes ..

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
yes the mini brute is my all time favorite mini sled ..I have a lil skipper ., a sno sprite ., and an auto ski mini jet ., some POS stole my mini brute ..
Sucks, that someone stole your mini Brute.

Wife will never let me sell ours. It was my kids sled before he was born and was driving it by age 5. Fun times :laugh:
Now it will be his kids, in time.