New to the Forum- Just saying hello

I just joined the forum, because I am about to throw an old Tecumseh HM80 out the window the next time I'm on the highway... but I'll post about that later and hopefully someone can help. For now, it's 'hello'.

Most of us love Tec engines....don't throw it out the window, we'll help you !:grind::hammer: Oh and welcome to the OldMiniBikes ..:thumbsup:

Just keep posting and it will get easier after 5 or 10 posts .

Last edited:
I've been lurking around the forum for a while, but just hadn't joined. I should have done it a long time ago. I grew up on this vintage mini-bike stuff from both Heathkit and Heald. My dad worked at Heathkit from the mid-sixties, until he went to Heald in the late seventies.

I've been lurking around the forum for a while, but just hadn't joined. I should have done it a long time ago. I grew up on this vintage mini-bike stuff from both Heathkit and Heald. My dad worked at Heathkit from the mid-sixties, until he went to Heald in the late seventies.
Oh man your Dad had a very cool job !!! I would have loved being able to get up every morning and building mini's .:thumbsup:

Hey Shagg....welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

Very cool that your Dad worked for Heathkit and Heald....this stuff is in your blood !

Like they said above....don't succumb to temptation.....I have an HM80 on my Super Bronc...it gave me such issue at first...I was trying to do things myself..and I am learning...I went thru re-epoxying flywheel magnet, cleaning carb, then buying new carb, new points, condenser, went to electronic ignition...still wouldnt keep running...went back to points and condenser, still wouldn't keep running....took it to my small engine guy...he puts a fuel pump on it, reset the points, and away we went....it is by far my best running, strongest motor of all... good luck on yours....:thumbsup:

Last edited: