New York - Whats good

NEW TO THE FORUM.

Just bought a Doodlebug DB30 for $260. Been riding it around, im hooked! Definitely need a new back tire. In the process of finding a good spot to order from. Looking to upgrade the engine as well. Doing research before i do anything though. Looks like i will have to buy alot of extra parts when i switch to the Predator 212cc in order for it to work.

Figured id show what im working with, if anyone knows the year. Let me know. Cant wait to get this thing looking the way that I want.

KIMG0054.jpg
KIMG0053.jpg
KIMG0055.jpg

welcome to the mini bike craze!
you appear to have the newer Db model.
before you go rushing off to buy all the spensive toys,check out the Pmr jackshaft setup for your bike :smile:
it allows you to use the original everything and the acceleration picks up Quite a bit.

and if you clink the omg link here on the forum,you can find your parts and tires you need at their warehouse.:thumbsup:
ps,those factory tires are Very soft and will wear out superquick.
choose wisely.

welcome to the mini bike craze!
you appear to have the newer Db model.
before you go rushing off to buy all the spensive toys,check out the Pmr jackshaft setup for your bike :smile:
it allows you to use the original everything and the acceleration picks up Quite a bit.

and if you clink the omg link here on the forum,you can find your parts and tires you need at their warehouse.:thumbsup:
ps,those factory tires are Very soft and will wear out superquick.
choose wisely.

I was looking into the Carlisle Snow Hogs, 15x5x6. Would those be able to slide right on? Or would i have to shave down any parts.

As for the the PMR Jackshaft setup. I couldn't find it on there website. Is it a kit? Or is it a bunch of parts to make one?

Is this what your talking about? PMR Jackshaft Kit 79-97cc

What about this kit aswell? Worth it? Seems to be more than the Predator engine.
PMR Stage 2 Kit

Last edited:
yeppers the stage 1 kit is what im talking about.
in fact somewhere on this very forum is the link to the Pmr guy And hell sell you a kit Cheaper than 119,
Because you are a member here :thumbsup:

that stage 2 kit is a bit spensive and that stuff you can make yourself or dig around for.
best to wait for others advice there,i personally dont think its worth it.
esp when you read the fine red print at the bottom of more stuff needed,not included.

i put snow hogs on both of mine on the back and used a smooth tread for front.

if it was me,id use the pmr for now,and Then.
collect some performance parts as you go along,check out some of the Great members Inventions too.
get a diff frame,a bigger one,maybe even some suspension on it,and put all your goodies on that.
those newer db-s are kinda small and the frame design is even smaller.
if you scan most of the topics in this section youll see what i mean.

i have pmr jackshafts and also the chinese Tavs as well,both work very well.

notes of interest.
a pmr jackshaft will fit most frames and most motors and line up Straightish.
using a tav on a newer ohv motor is much tougher and requires a bit of fab and will mount the tav at a extreme angle which sometimes doesnt work with frame design.

wondering whereabouts in ny you are located?
maybe i can help?

Sounds good! I will be looking for the PMR guy, would like to order the kit soon! Im excited to work on the bike, get my son involved aswell. If you can link me to his account, that would be awesome. If not ill continue to do my research.

Where did you purchase your snow hogs, if you dont mind me asking. Seems like its a online thing. Would be nice to just go in-store and buy that same day.

Being that this is my first mini bike, and im looking to upgrade and purchase more. I will stick with the PMR Jackshaft kit. Ride that out, and when im ready to switch to a different bike. I will sell this one and put that money towards the newer one.

I would love to build one from the ground up. Buy a frame, buy a engine and just build it the way i would like. I'm located in Albany, NY. About 3-4 hours away from you. When i start the build up, ill contact you for help.

timing is everything,well as it goes im having a sale this weekend on some bikes/projects.
feel free to browse and maybe grab one for your kiddo or yourself :thumbsup:
in fact i have a manco thunderbird thats kid sized with big tires id take a 100 for it.

if no interest hey no worries lmk if i can help out,im into the fun of them,not the profit side.
cheers! :scooter:

mini bike for sale frames extra parts too

whoops meant to add i did find 2 sets of blower tires today that are very close to snow hogs and have like new tread too.
would fit your db.

Last edited:
timing is everything,well as it goes im having a sale this weekend on some bikes/projects.
feel free to browse and maybe grab one for your kiddo or yourself :thumbsup:
in fact i have a manco thunderbird thats kid sized with big tires id take a 100 for it.

if no interest hey no worries lmk if i can help out,im into the fun of them,not the profit side.
cheers! :scooter:

mini bike for sale frames extra parts too

whoops meant to add i did find 2 sets of blower tires today that are very close to snow hogs and have like new tread too.
would fit your db.
PM'd about those tires.

Like this from hotrodminibikes.com PMR :p. .think this kit or another fits..it to lower gears..less speed more giddyap you can change sprockets..$119..unless you wanna spend $100 on a predator 6.5 hp 212cc and a $30 clutch..depends riding area..mines a lawn toy.. IMG_20160411_142125.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome the 15x5x6 sno hogs are great , my 2 cents , dump the boat anchor ( stock engine ) buy a Predator 212 , $99 plus tax , by a 3/4 max torque clutch ( OldMiniBikes ) AND I'D tell you to buy some RLV gold on gold chain , if you are mechanically inclined it's not to tough to drill and slit the engine plate yourself , stage one kit will really pep the engine up and unless you ready to tear apart engine and do internal mods , that's all ya need !

Last edited:
Welcome the 15x5x6 sno hogs are great , my 2 cents , dump the boat anchor ( stock engine ) buy a Predator 212 , $99 plus tax , by a 3/4 max torque clutch ( OldMiniBikes ) AND I'D tell you to buy some RLV gold on gold chain , if you are mechanically inclined it's not to tough to drill and slit the engine plate yourself , stage one kit will really pep the engine up and unless you ready to tear apart engine and do internal mods , that's all ya need !

Im deciding on which way i want to go. If i were to go the predator way i would need this kit correct? PMR Stage 2 Kit