Newbie needs 14x6 tire (and lots of advice)

f-stop

I'm working on rebuilding what looks to me to be a '68-'69 Rupp TT500 that's been seriously messed with. I'm not trying to do a restoration, just want to get it road-worthy. It'll be used mainly on rural gravel roads just for fun and putting around.

I've fixed the bent forks (repair not pictured) but am stumped on the tires. The front wheel doesn't seem to be original but a tire was easy to find for it. Any help with finding a brake for the front would be MUCH appreciated, though!

The rear wheel and tire is Rupp for sure, but the size (14x6) seems hard to come by. Any ideas on where I can find a knobby 14x6? Maybe brakes for the front, too? Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated. Be brutal if you have to; I can take it.

Here are a few photos, as purchased and stripped:

A few more photos can be found in the member galleries under f-stop.

Thanks!!

f-stop

I don't know exactly; I'll have to pop the tire off tomorrow and measure. It's a Rupp tire, marked 14x6, whatever that's worth.

it looks like it may be a 3.5" wide wheel. if that's the case finding a tire would be easy if you don't mind with going something that might be shorter.

14 x 6 tire

Your back tire and rim looks a lot like a Cat setup or a Bonanza. The Bonanzas run a 410 x 350 x 6 (12 in dia.) on the smaller or narrower rims and a 530 x 450 x 6 (15 in dia.) tire on the wider 4inch rims. They were originally Carlisle (Indian Head) tires with the same tread you've got called universal or Trials tread. Pick an appropriate size and tread for the rims or look you want. The front tire and rim is from a Honda Z 50, tire size 8 in dia. The brake you need is readily available all over ebay and all the parts stores that carry Honda z 50 and St90 parts. They polish up great and new brake shoes are about $12 to $14.

f-stop

Thanks for the info about the front wheel/brakes!! That's great news. I've got to get some time to get the rear tire off but I know the brakes and tire say Rupp. I'm finding a LOT of bad and unsafe "modifications" done by the PO, so who knows what I'm gonna find next.

Thanks!