Newby to minibikes

Hello from Ohio, I'm new to minibikes and after years of wanting one I bought a bare Gilson frame to add to my fleet of Gilson Power Equipment (6 garden tractors, tiller, ect..). So now I'm looking for parts or maybe an intact Gilson/ Montgomery Wards/ Allis Chalmers minibike carcass. Any help would be appreciated. :bowdown: Thanks

Well, one day there was a Allis Chalmers that still had the stickers and orange paint and looked pretty nice on Evilbay... It went for just a stupid price, like 1,400 or something.. NOW everyone else thinks THEIR bike is worth 8,000... SO parts may have gone up a little.. But they are not very expensive bikes and if you watch Evilbay, a regular auction style format for a fender or small part should't cost you too much.. I would just save a search for (Gilson-Montgomery Wards-Allis Chalmers) and let Evilbay show you whats out there..

What kind of parts do you need? People here may have parts for you for a fair price too. :wink:

I'm looking for a swingarm assembly, wheels and front forks to start. The forks that came with the frame have been welded, they are useble but not correct. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! The Restore Kid is right about the prices on ebay, they have skyrocketed! Everything is rare or one of a kind, another Indian on there now is claiming 1 of 200 in the states, also the guy states the pawnstar guys sold the one they had for $7200 which is BS! They are most likely still stuck with that "Rare" unit! Good luck on your search, there are still some great deals to be had but your best bet is here or your local craigslist!