nice people

well we have two red stripe head and two box turtles. the box turtles one had been hit by a car and we nursed it back with a broke shell vet helped out and one was run over by a lawnmower and she is a spoiled little turtle she sleeps in the bed really with my wife. and goes every where she goes like a kid. they are very clean critters and do have there on personality. the one I have as my pic is Drew found him in a field miles from water was as big as a nickel which I think a bird dropped him. he is now big as a silver dollar. if some gets one they will live up to 50 years are longer haha

When I was a kid living in the city a box turtle was like gold.....very hard to get one...my friends father was a surveyor and would bring them back from job sites in the woods...

a few years ago I found the prettiest box turtle I ever ...big dude with the brightest orange-red markings I ever saw...bright orange-red, eyes...not a mark on the shell, all his toes, .....a perfect specimen. And this guy was not afraid of anything you could pick him up and he would keep his neck out and his legs would keep churning in the air.....I kept him for a day or two let my kids check him out and feed him worms...then we turned him loose, but I would have killed to have that turtle when I was a kid.

I forgot about that guy...:smile:

.....looks like he's missing some toes or at least some nails....it's a wonder those things manage to live so long being so slow and defensless...they are basically at the mercy of any animal that wants to torment it....

One of my favorite creatures....like a dinosaur from the past.

Well i will tell you these turtles are a blessing i will post some pic of them they dont bite and are easy to take care of. They posted a report that there numbers are dropping due to people killing them i stop every time and help them across the road. If they as big as slow poke it is about 20yr old i would never take one from the wild unless it needed my help. I have learned a lot about these critters in the last few years. If they have red eyes they are a male. I have two female box and two male water turtles. I enjoy watching them the big female that got hit by the car loves strawberrys and will eat out of your hand but she is careful not to get my hand she is sweet.

One thing I learned over the years is they need plenty of shunshine to stay healhy...I'm sure you know that already, sounds like you're doing a good job taking care of them ...:thumbsup:

As a kid I always wanted one of those big tortoises for a pet......

Last edited:
my turtle have lights but want put them out side because afraid of bird of pry are ants are the boogie man haha. I also have a pigeon that got shot and fell in the front yard I doctor on him for a few weeks and he been with us for four years he cant fly and is name is pistol pete he has his own cage and is setting right now looking at me.

no that's not my tortoise...just a picture of a cool one I found.

I'm laughing because you brought that pigeon in the house and doctored him up and now he lives in there watching TV with you and checking out the OldMiniBikes......lucky pigeon...beats living under a dirty train bridge......you have a good heart.

I will start another thread and show off my family of critters because I don't know how to add pic's to this thread pigeon doctoring yes but posting pic's no turtle doctoring yes how to use forums no.

I had to post another thread sorry to all the members I could find the place to download I don't do face book are anything like that so that's why I havnt started downloading the build off stuff plus I have to get the frame from another member but I have the motor for the frame and a plan,