No Clue what this is, but getting it fixed up.

Delbert

Got it cleaned up and primed. It needs wheel bearings, a chain, handle bar clamps, and some seat repair. I'll probably paint it yellow, and I think I'll try some Krylon "Original Chrome" paint for the rims. It has a Tecumseh with a Mercury Clutch. Not sure which model or HP.

I am using a twist grip throttle that I still have from the '59 Flea I had as a kid.

So, anyone recognize this?

Primed Left 20%.JPG Primed Right 20%.JPG Bars Left 20%.JPG

Delbert

Thanks, Markus. You guys know your stuff. We did have a Montgomery Ward store in the area years ago. I dug this one out of the dumptser. A couple of strange things: One foot peg is nearly 2 inches longer than the other. And, the seat bracket and the cross member under it are put on very crooked. The seat lists to one side a bit. Not a big deal, mostly looks funny. They also missed a couple of welds.

Crooked bracket.JPG Crooked Seat.JPG

Delbert

Cool, owned. I am looking forward to zipping around on it. I like the big tires and the general look of it. :thumbsup:

markus

that offset footpeg could possibly be on purpose to compensate for the offset of the engine, never paid much attention so I'm not sure on that. Seat mounts though.....Monday morning hangover workmanship :laugh:

Delbert

Hadn't thought of the engine. Been so long since it was on there. I bet it does stick out that side. The seat should hide the funky brackets, and I probably drive a little crooked anyway. :rolleyes:

I need to get some foot peg rubbers, a chain, and two more wheel bearings. And some time.

Oh, yeah, and figure out what is missing between the throttle cable mount and the butterfly on the carb. :scooter:

Should I change this from a "What is it?" to a project log?