No Spark on a Honda Clone

So i saw some minibikes at a garage sale and made the mistake of buying one of those "Baja Heat" minibikes. I didn't know if I wanted it but I definitely wanted the other bike which was the smalles mano minibike I had ever seen, all original in great shape with a Tecumseh. The owner convinced me into a package deal.

So the "Baja Heat" bike ran at his house. On the way back the bike fell over on the trailer and then back at my house it has no spark and won't start. I've never fooled with a honda or honda clone so before I screw things up, any suggestions?

Thanks!

They,re just like the others. Coil on the ouside of flywheel and a kill switch. Some have a low oil cutoff which kills the spark if you're low on oil.

Yeah, make sure the oil level is right, your kill switch is "on" and wires are all connected. If all is well, check to see if the coil is loose and you're checking for spark correctly. :thumbsup:

maybe your coil is to far away from the flywheel and not getting enough spark or the coil plug or switch re gap your coil loosen it and take a buisness card stick it under the coil press lightly and tighten it then slid the card out of there OR take a piece of sand paper and sand the flywheel were the coil runs over it if it is rusty it wont give spark either

Check the wire for the kill switch it might be grounded out on the frame if there is a bare spot on the wires

unplug the bullet connector if the engine starts the problem should be easy to find

maybe the kill switch got mashed when it fell over the whole twist grip assembly is cheap Chinese plastic

make sure the yellow button isn't stuck in

i got mine working by process of elimination, starting at the coil and working my way to the plug. turned out my plug cap wasn't getting the charge so I unscrewed the metal piece inside (were the spark plug snaps in) and put a small spring in there then rescrewed the metal piece back in and vola! it worked!:smile:

thats the best thing about these new clone motors ,no points!!!! if a guy opens one of these up and gets rid of the junk inside(gov,low oil sensor,factory rod) and puts in good stuff,(arc billet rod,18lbs springs,arc billet flywheel,they will last a long time and you dont have to pamper these motors either!! i have one on a quad with a 80t rear sprocket that i have been doing burnout with for 2 years and the thing wont blow up no matter how high the rpms get i love clones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!