Noisy centrifugal clutch

I have a Comet centrifugal clutch and today when I the engine turned it on, the clutch had a clunky, loud noise coming from in it. What is this?

Check out this post.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/b...ug-minibikes/7397-clutch-always-engaging.html

Probably just needs some cleaning & lube. I've been using some Torco MPZ engine assembly lube lately. It's some thick & sticky stuff with molly suspended in it. You will need to either thin it out some with WD-40 so it can flow into the bushing area. Or remove the snap ring & separate the clutch halves to directly access the bushing. Then you can just smear it on with your finger.

My mini has been surging. I thought it was because I had the throttle cable a little rigged.
HRM? Spray the clutch with air and oil huh? Cool will try tonight. I might swap out the clutch if that does not work, I have a spare.

My Allstate used to make that noise back in the late 50's and a drop of oil on the bushing would fix it for a few days.

I cut it off twice and it's still too short!!:smile:

markus

My Cushman started making horrendous noises too yesterday at the festival I was using it at as well. Bushing was/is the culprit. You make fine adjustments to the chains by moving the transmission I think I pulled it a little too tight on the clutch side chain. I'm a little upset that its allready doing that Its only 62 years old, made in America crap:wink: