noob intro

hey everyone, I'm Brian
i'm into anything old and cool. found this site while looking for a Skee Whee. we don't get much snow in NC, but i was thinking of picking up a 60's snowmobile to restore and play with on the rare occasions that we do... then i found the skee whee and decided that's the snow toy that i need. if anyone has any leads on one, please let me know.
i ran the paint and body shop for a nascar team for 5 years and have another 8 years as a fabricator under my belt. been turning wrenches since birth :D got into amphibious 6 wheelers about 5 years ago. i keep a running fleet of 4-5 machines and cycle through 5-7 a year.

Last Christmas I picked up a Rokon in bad repair and did a total restoration on it in 29 days

I've become unemployed and had to sell the Rokon to pay bills... once i get back on my feet i'll build another.

2 weeks ago I tore into a snowco power-kart that i've had sitting around for years. all that's left to do on it is wire in a kill switch and find the proper belt

i've never been into mini bikes, but looking around here has peeked my interest. just another thing for me to keep an eye out for while scouring backyards.

Hey Man. Welcome. I live just across the river in Newton. I'll keep you in mind as I find cool old bikes around here. Latest one I bought was a Bird Nighthawk I found in a yard sale on Hwy 16 near Taylorsville for $30. I was riding my Honda CB 900 at the time so I gave them ten bucks and went home for the van.

My still-lookin-for list includes a Heathkit minibike. Had one as teen and they are mansized. Also, has a large rear tire which would be good since I want to build a dragster. Let me know if you find one since you seem to have other large minibike like things there.

Like the pics.

Doc

Hi Brian! I didn't know you were a member on here. Good to see you. I'll catch you on 6x6world or at the next ride. Thanks again for the Kohler Command exhaust for my Super Swamp Fox.