Noob

Hey guys, new to the forum and completely new to world of mini bikes. Looks like a great site and some really great bikes out there. Anyhoo, here's a pic of my new ride. From what I've gathered here, I think its a Mad Dog - at least the frame is. Any info. about this bike/frame would be appreciated. It also has a foot break that rubs the back tire - is this common? Thanks for your replies.

Welcome to the world of mini bikes. Although I have no info on the frame I can tell you that the scrub brake (metal plate rubbing rear tire) is very common (unfortunately). Many people have been taking them off and installing drum or disc brakes (unless it's a vintage restore), but it takes a bit of research, fabrication and work. I can also tell you that the Briggs engine you have will run forever as long as there is the proper amount of clean oil in the crank case and a clean carb. Looks like a nice bike and is fine the way it is to do some good off-roadin.

Thanks for the responses guys. As I said, I'm a complete noob. What oil recommendations would you make and how frequently should I add it? Also, anything else you could tell me about the engine would be appreciated. All I can make out is the _.25 H.P. Thanks again.

Drain the old oil from the engine by unscrewing the plug in the mounting base of the engine. I'll take the engine off the bike completely when I do it, but Ill also perform other maintenance at this time as well (oiling the clutch bushing). You can get some lawnmower 4 cycle engine oil from home depot or some lawn mower shop. It won't take much, make sure your oil drain plug(s) has been reinstalled, open the oil port ( has two little round studs sticking up typically), grab your funnel and pour in the oil. On my engine the manual tells me to fill it till it reaches just under the lowest lip of the open oil port. How often you do it really depends on how much you ride. Some guys do it once a year, some once every other year, some never lol. You might be able to find a manual online for your engine type which I'm guessing is a 3.25HP Briggs.

Last edited: