not enough rpms

ok,i installed my gx200 today with the following mods and it wont rev past 3900rpms :billet flywheel,.010 rod,ss valves.molly pushrods,26lb springs,mikuni 22mmcarb,140 main,17.5 piolt, mikuni fuel pump,super x dyno cam,15cc clone head mild porting,8 deg timing key, (all valve train stock size) i cannot get this to rev up,checked cam timing=ok rechecked valve lash,was a little tight on ex.side adjusted it to .003,what the heck is wrong with this motor?to much timing?too much what???? please,please,help me:censure::shrug:

C9H13NO3

ok,i installed my gx200 today with the following mods and it wont rev past 3900rpms :billet flywheel,.010 rod,ss valves.molly pushrods,26lb springs,mikuni 22mmcarb,140 main,17.5 piolt, mikuni fuel pump,super x dyno cam,15cc clone head mild porting,8 deg timing key, (all valve train stock size) i cannot get this to rev up,checked cam timing=ok rechecked valve lash,was a little tight on ex.side adjusted it to .003,what the heck is wrong with this motor?to much timing?too much what???? please,please,help me:censure::shrug:
Check the jetting. It may be REALLY lean and stopping you from revving any further.

god i just put that in yesterday,if thats the case then i will never put another on in there,but as for anything else do you have any ideas what else it might be?

C9H13NO3

god i just put that in yesterday,if thats the case then i will never put another on in there,but as for anything else do you have any ideas what else it might be?
Eliminate a variable one at a time, and only ONE variable. If you eliminate 2, you may not know which one caused the problem.

It is probably something simple, like a cam tooth, bent pushrod, valve lash loosening up, bad compression.

Check compression if you can. If your compression is low it hurts the engine's performance dearly...

Did you hone/install new rings?

Your problem could be cause by lots of things. Like I said, eliminate one thing at a time.

I will never use a key again after I sheared mine. The engine would idle erratically and perform very poorly until I pulled the fw and saw the key had sheared to high hell. Wouldn't hurt to check it. I just eyeball now and lap fw to crank. Never had that problem since.

yes i honed it and the engine ran great b4 i put all the billet and flattop in this is not in a cart this is in a mini snowmobile so its a real pain pulling this thing out,but i know it has to be done so thats why im asking for all opions

You might be too rich. Way too rich.

Small single cylinder motors can do this once they really start breathing. They'll pull hard on the low end, but once the RPM's start to rise, they pull so much fuel in, it can't ignite it all, and they start to crap out.
Reading the plug will usually show super lean, because it's washed from the excess fuel. 140 is an awfully big jet for a 22 mm Mikuni.

well the posibility of being to rich still exists,however charles (minidragbike)gave me his opion on the phone which totally never crossed my mind,my stupid coil was bad.wasnot getting enough to get the rpms up where they should be,which hopefully fixes the problem,so i ordered a new one and am having charles build me one of his heads for the sled.amazing what stupid crap can make you insane,if anyone has other ideas please feel free to share im open for all sugg. thank you all who are helping me with this mini collinsdad:thumbsup:

Doesn't sound like ignition to me.
Where' you get the idea to run a 140 main?
I could be wrong, but I think I'd try in the 100-110 range first.

the 140 main jet was a trial and error thing as for ignition it makes sense,the spark isnt hot enough with the coil being weak,at low rpms it will fire but once it starts to rev it is not hot enough to burn that amount of feul and if a 95 main still does the same thing id rule out any jetting at this point,not that in theroy it couldnt be the problem but it does not work no matter what jet i put in it.

going to 140 from a 95 is a HUGE jump.alot of times being super rich will have similar symptoms to being lean. i agree you need to try like a 105 jet

the point in trying to make here is that i went from 140 down to 130 down to 120 down to 110 down to 100 down to 95 and guess what they all had in common? they all did the same thing,nothing,the motor would not turn past 4000rpms with each jet the result was the same,so im going out on a linb and say its not the jetting.:censure::shrug::hammer: