Ogy is pissed off !

Four days ago Vintageironusa put 6 day listing on ebay for a Fox Campus project. The bid was up to a hundred plus bucks or so with two days left to go. When I clicked on to my bookmarked page the auction has ended early and the item was no longer available. The listing made no mention of reserving the right to end the auction early. This is not the first time that I've been screwed out of bidding on a Campus Bike because of an early ending auction. Old Ogy's a senior citizen and I'll be the first to admit that I am not a whizz at the ins and outs of ebay. So would one of you more knowledgeable members of OldMiniBikes kindly explain to me: "What the hell's going on here? Do these guys contact the seller and make him an offer he can't refuse or what? Any of you guys know how this works? Thanks...Ogy

Someone probably made him a good offer. The way I see it, when something is listed it should run to the end. You can use the "Ask Seller A Question" to make offers. If something is advertised for sale locally, it shouldn't be on eBay. Also if it won't be shipped, it shouldn't be on eBay. Too bad the guy sold it early. That's a poor way of doing business, eBay or otherwise.:thumbdown:

I think someone has clued the seller in on the value and they pull the auction and re-list with a reserve that is higher. I see it all the time and I agree with Jimh that if the seller won't ship that why list it nationwide. When I sell on ebay I always play fair and want the same treatment.
Steve :scooter:

Do these guys contact the seller and make him an offer he can't refuse or what?
that's probably what happened. i end auctions like that quite a lot (i sell Harley parts on Ebay for the dealership i work at). i won't end an auction early to sell to another person if it already has bids and is going to sell though.

Jesse....That's not the one. I have bought couple of Foxes from the guy you're showing and he's great to deal with and an upfront guy. The listing that ended early is no longer on ebay and was from some dude out in California. You guys are probably right about it being re-listed. I'll keep an eye out and probably see it again for $2500.00 buy it now....Ogy.