Oh Bloody Hell!

:doah: :censure:

Was getting ready to start clear coating the Taco frame and saw this bump,,, I thought there is no way this was a missed patch then found it was a bubble. Don't know how it happened but :censure::doah::censure::eek:ut::censure:

Going Two steps back and runny out of good weather!. ::)

Sorry but I hate powder coat,, once you scratch it,,, it's hard to touch up. Also how many 30-40 year old frames are perfect? Powder coat over dings and pitting looks like" bloody hell" !

With Paint, if you scratch the bike you can have it beck to new in snap. BTW, I fixed the spot today on an Hour and I'm back to clear coating on the morrow. :thumbsup: I do own a few powder coated bikes but they will need paint to make them look perfect.

Makes a good primer/undercoat though. :thefinger:

that sucks !! it never fails just when you think you got it there`s always something . life never seems to be easy when your trying to enjoy it !!

Is that bike supposed to be purple?
Yes, it's purple and very Taco but the camera screws with the color, look up the top of frame in that pic and you'll get kinda the idea. In the shade/dark it looks almost black (my nightwatch blue "E code" GTO convertable was the same way) In direct sun the blue metal flake pops and it looks more blueish. My stock color inside the tree is more of a light blue and matches the color of the metal flake inside the purple so everything is covered. :thefinger:

Hard to show the real color on camera unless the light is right but in person it's more of a violet/plum crazy. BTW, The paint is called "plum crazy" but looks a tad darker like a Taco should be. :thumbsup: Pain in the ass finding it in a can and I did a violet under coat.