Old carts

Went down to see an old friend of mine that built modified race cars back in the '60's-70's and had forgotten about these 2 old carts he has. These things are sitting out in the elements but they are Fiberglas. The older one had band brakes and the newer had a disc setup. They used Cushman motors back in the late 50's early 60's.
He restored one and put it in the Va. Motor sports Museum in Stuart, Va.these were for parts.. View attachment 76069 View attachment 76068 View attachment 76067 View attachment 76070 View attachment 76071 View attachment 76072

They could probably be for sale.If anyone is interested pm me and I'll talk to him. He is one of
Those that hoards stuff though.

Went down to see an old friend of mine that built modified race cars back in the '60's-70's and had forgotten about these 2 old carts he has. These things are sitting out in the elements but they are Fiberglas. The older one had band brakes and the newer had a disc setup. They used Cushman motors back in the late 50's early 60's.
He restored one and put it in the Va. Motor sports Museum in Stuart, Va.these were for parts.. View attachment 76069 View attachment 76068 View attachment 76067 View attachment 76070 View attachment 76071 View attachment 76072
Wow those are so cool. It's amazing the things people leave out in their yard to rot.

I'd say those are 1/2. I will be listing approximately 40 pieces on original literature/brochures and build plans on Ebay. All 1959 quarter and half midgets if you need any reference.

He just called them karts or midgets. They ran in eastern Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. He said that according to the deceased owners old girlfriend, he was timed at 136 mph on the backstretch of the old Hillsborough, NC dirt track. It was a mile track, so I guess it's possible.
They ran Cushman engines in the 60's and he said they ran Mucullough two- man chainsaw engines in the earlier ones.
I believe that he would sell them if anyone wants to rescue them. Not something that I care for.
I'm still trying to find a pic of the restored one. It actually has the restored trailer with it too.