old manco help bent fixed axle

what about the threads?
its got to be real hot and you can practially bend it by hand. It wont mess up the threads if you dont squish em' with pliers or what ever you are using to bend it back. But.. If its bent at a threaded portion, you may consider replacing it.
Lets see a pic of what is actually bent.

i would if i had a camera i could send you them by cell phone and what do i use to heat up and cool down
Just let it cool down by itself, To heat, you need a torch. Try to borrow one becuase to buy it, it will set you back about $40..Or you can get one at the home depot in the hardware section. Map gas will probably do it, But for quicker results, you can get a map/oxygen torch and that heats up metal quick. But if you have never used an oxygen torch before, you may want someone to show you how to go about it, you can melt trough metal real quick and then your axle will be junk. also, oxygen torch must be adjusted to get the flame correct and it is a lot easier if someone shows you. I have had manco karts, which axle are you talking about front or rear?

I just took the wheel off from mine, Threw a cheater bar on it,and bent it back.. :shrug: Took all off about one minute per wheel... They always need that... They can't not bend really.. It's not hardened at all..

I just took the wheel off from mine, Threw a cheater bar on it,and bent it back.. :shrug: Took all off about one minute per wheel... They always need that... They can't not bend really.. It's not hardened at all..
I think your talking about the front axle that is welded to the frame (with no gusset but looks like it needs one) and has a knucle on the end. Yep, those are always bent.. But he said something about a threaded part.

Make a new one, Shouldn't be too hard, If it's the rear axel, you'll never get it straight, and if you try you will probably think your tire it out of round.
dave

I think your talking about the front axle that is welded to the frame (with no gusset but looks like it needs one) and has a knucle on the end. Yep, those are always bent.. But he said something about a threaded part.
They are threaded all the way around.. Theres a nut that holds the wheel one.. I had to straiten all 4 of mine too.. The rear axle is just a threaded rod that runs through a tube and is tack welded in there.. You can leave a nut on the threads to protect them from getting messed up... If it's the little kart(sounds like to me) You can just throw a cheater bar on the axle and bend it back.. It doesn't come out.. It's in there forever...

If it's a bigger kart with a live axle you will have to pull the axle out and heat it and re-straiten it most likely... Or if you are good with this type of stuff you can just prop it up reversed and put the bend in reverse... If you aren't practiced up and haven't done that kind of thing before I would recommend getting GOOD and hot.. cherry red hot... then work it back strait..

mybiz

I cant remember its been 30 + years ago but When id sharpen drill bits We would dip them in a powder substance for harding the tip.:shrug: But if you do the "Heat + dunked in water = hard as hell" also can = a very brittle hunk of steel if not done proper.:hammer:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah.... Annealing is a process for SURE!! It has to be done right... Anything is a step up from Original Mankrt parts though. :doah: I put a few degrees of counter bend to couter act gravity, on mine... :lol: They are not made for bumps and jumps...

They are not very awesome machines... :shrug: The bigger like Dingos and stuff are alright but the itsy bitsy 2 seater for 8 year olds is not an enduro Kart AT ALL!!

a few times iv bent axles back straight on karts. I just used a cheater bar and then welded bed frame angle iron to the bottom of it as far out to the wheels as possible and didnt have any problems after that :thumbsup: bedframe is hardened steel for what reason i dont know. Fat people or other bedroom activities :evil_laughter:

I cant remember its been 30 + years ago but When id sharpen drill bits We would dip them in a powder substance for harding the tip.:shrug: But if you do the "Heat + dunked in water = hard as hell" also can = a very brittle hunk of steel if not done proper.:hammer:
You dip them in carbon and It will harden then but don't use water it will make them brittle. if you want you can dip the parts in a hot oil there is lots of carbon in oil. I learned all this from my grand father. he was a machinist and fabricator I use to work in his shop welding and using laths and mills all really old stuff that he pieced together. I miss that old man he has been gone for over 30 years. He tought me a lot .. We use to set in his shop ( I was probably 14) He would say " boy get in the ice box and get 2 beers....it would be the end of the day and he would give me one and him one :smile: then he would say" one or two beers is ok son ...but more than 2 will make ya stupid " LOL ..he was a smart old man ...and I learned a lot from him working on his antique motorcycles ..