OldSledz Ruttman Build

delray

oldsledz,nice little tecumseh engine you found. perfect engine for that frame.
i like the steel factory gas tank. looks vintage with the frame:thumbsup:
where is the exhaust on the side of the block?
:scooter:.............

oldsledz

Here's a up date on my ruttman we had the 3rd best year for snow this winter so the bike got set aside so I could mess with the old sleds.

I think I have all the parts I need now and have the frame cleaned up and the primer paint on it.
Now I need a nice day to finish the paint the unvented heater in my shop puts out too much moisture to paint inside with the heat on.
Also need to do some carb work to get the engine running.

oldsledz

We had nice weather last night so I was able to get the first coat of paint on my bike.

Hope to get the paint done this weekend if it don't rain.

Last edited:
i am doing a ruttman right now too, and i dont know if its the same as yours? it looks like mine is a little bit longer? how long is it on the top?

oldsledz

from the front tip of the top bar to where it stars to turn down in the back is 22 1/2 inches.

I see yours has 2 flat bars for the seat and mine has 1

oldsledz

I got the paint on the wheels and sprocket painted Sunday now if I can get the forks and frame done I can start putting it together.

I have been having trouble painting the yellow with a spray gun don't rally know what I am doing.

I put the first coat on and it looked good then 2 days latter put 2 coats on in one day looked good after the first one of the day than when I sprayed the 2nd one the paint came out in big drops and was not smooth when dry.
I did some adjusting and had it looking good for the fender and clutch guard I thought I had it figured out that the adjustment had got bumped.
Then when I tried 2 coats on Tuesday the same thing happened Maybe the paint is getting too old before the 2nd coat.
I wet sanded tonight and will put one coat of yellow on tomorrow night and call it good.

I sill hope to get done before the dead line but it's getting close.

Last edited:

oldsledz

I have all the painting done now and can start putting the bike together now.
The engine I had planed to use needs more work than I thought so I have a 5HP tech. ready to go in now.

oldsledz

I got back from the show and went to work on the bike. Got the pin stripes on the fenders and the fenders, forks, engine , seat and wheels on the frame. I need to stop at the store for some bolts before I can do any more.

Last edited: