Outlaws Fuji Go Devil

Special Thanks to Outlaw Ace for selling me this little gem:thumbsup:. He was a man of his word and great to deal with. I have been after one of these bikes for over 20 years and have been so close so many times. It was one of my "mini bucket list" bikes. Now there is only one that still eludes me. Anyways..my question is..how do I tell the year on this thing? There is no visable tag to make it that easy to identify the year. I am gonna restore this one as original as possible. And probably gonna bump it past a few other projects just because I have wanted one for so long. Any help would be great...Thanks

Mac

I haven't seen any that were any different from another,
so it could be any year and still the same.

(Sounds like a nonsensical sentence to me)

The guy I got it from said he thought they bought it in 1971 or 72 at an independent motorcycle dealer no longer around and had it folded up on a shelf after a petcock gasket let go, he said his sister wrote Fuji in the 80s but they said they had discontinued the parts and had no inventory so there it sat. I've heard em dated as far back as 1957 on the net but who knows how accurate that is. so I cannot confirm one way or another except what the dude told me. As far as I could tell nothing was missing, the little electrical plugs intrigued me and I thought maybe it had a stator. I would never have gotten to it and you got a Fuji guru's mind to pick. They sell a new version of the Fuji 49cc engine and there is a 24cc 2.2hp and an 88cc twin one on Ebay , very high rent stuff and said to make big HP at very high revs. I saw a video of a guy riding an old stock one on Youtube and the boy was flying. A cool machine and I'm glad I could help you realize the dream of having one.:thumbsup:

They have a lighting coil thats what green and yellow plugs are for.My 1971 has a silver sticker with date on steering tube. They also have a serial number on the left frame sidebelow the seat, maybe yours painted over?.The small support tube mine all read PS 12345 something.:devil2::devil2:Just guessing but lower number earlier model. I have never seen one newer than 1971 would like to know when first made? I have an old one it has a factory crome air cleaner, just like the newer plastic ones. Also on the old one the welds are very rough, unfinished and on the two back downpieces of frame there are two welds not seen on newer models. Im not smart enough to post pictures here but if you Pm me i can send you some photos. Just put a nice one for sale on Brainerd,MN craigslist today, hope thats ok to post. God luck with you god-evil go-devil!

Last edited:

jeep4me

It's not that nice:eek:ut:

Just kidding......I've been wanting to find a nice complete one myself.

I saw two of them (for sale by the same guy) at the Ann Arbor show this spring but passed on them. I wished I would have bought them both.

Congrats on your new bike.:thumbsup:

They have a lighting coil thats what green and yellow plugs are for.My 1971 has a silver sticker with date on steering tube. They also have a serial number on the left frame sidebelow the seat, maybe yours painted over?.The small support tube mine all read PS 12345 something.:devil2::devil2:Just guessing but lower number earlier model. I have never seen one newer than 1971 would like to know when first made? I have an old one it has a factory crome air cleaner, just like the newer plastic ones. Also on the old one the welds are very rough, unfinished and on the two back downpieces of frame there are two welds not seen on newer models. Im not smart enough to post pictures here but if you Pm me i can send you some photos. Just put a nice one for sale on Brainerd,MN craigslist today, hope thats ok to post. God luck with you god-evil go-devil!
Wow, that's a very nice example with original bag. Good luck on your sale, someone will be glad to have it.

What jeep passed on a mini bike?:laugh:
He learned his lesson I bet, I just buy em sometimes and wonder why after if the price is right. Always can be sold if you decide you really didn't want it but if it's sold to another cause you passed you may never get that chance again.:thumbsup:

jeep4me

He learned his lesson I bet, I just buy em sometimes and wonder why after if the price is right. Always can be sold if you decide you really didn't want it but if it's sold to another cause you passed you may never get that chance again.:thumbsup:
Yep, learned my lesson for sure.

When I asked him how much for the pair he said $1200, then I went back a few hours later and asked again he said $800 for the pair. Then I heard from a friend when they asked and he said $600 for the pair. I went back to make an offer but they were already gone. :no:

And I do pass on alot of minibikes, actually. I typically buy the kinds that I like. For every 1 I buy, I bet I pass on 3.