picked up another arctic cat climber today!

Found it on craig's list,it's missing the clutch cover and has typical rusty chrome.Don't know when i'll get to working on it but I couldn't pass it up.:thumbsup:Ray

Hello, I know this has been a VERY long time ago ! But, w/that said, I've been searching for a Climber to restore ! CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE ! I would obviously be extremely grateful. And will pay you even a finders fee if you help me locate one. Please text/call me @ 802-324-0707. I'll drive ANY distance to buy one. Thank you so very much guys ! Sincerely, Richard

Gotta love those Arctic Cat's!
No kidding ey !?! I, like many others, had one when I was 7. My father bought it for me. And when I was 12, someone stole it right out of my fathers garage !!!. At any rate, I’m looking to restore one. I have an opportunity to buy one for $600 (pics) but the original engine (HS40) has a broken rod. And tonight I’m going to ask the Seller if he can at least check the block for any cracks ! This is what the Climber looks like in these pics. The Seller said, and I quote:

But, the engine, which is the original HS40, has a broken rod. And this is what the Seller told me. And I quote: “The motor turns over but I think the rod is broke. I took the head off and the piston moves but not with the crank.” End quote.

So I’ll be discussing the engine w/this gentleman tonight. My main concern is the engine block. Is it cracked from the rod slamming into it !?? Because it sure sounds like the rod is broken. And knowing these Tecumsehs, the rod & journals DONT get any oil lube ! So they burn up & detonate. So, BEST case scenario would be that it only needs a new rod & crank. That’s for certain. Worse case scenario, is it needs a rod, a crank & a whole new block/case ! Any advise and/or help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Thank you so very much !

Attachments