Picked up yellow clone, part it out or fix?

Picked up a yellow clone from a karting buddy for really cheap. Has ARC billet flywheel, cam, header, and filter/adapter. His class didn't allow a billet rod. Well his side cover came loose during the race and the engine is locked up solid. I will be able to salvage the flywheel, header, and filter/adaper. Not sure if the cam will have much damage. Would it be better to sell these parts (and any other usable parts) then buy the right flywheel for my predator, or should I sell/trade the predator for another 196cc clone and swap the parts over?

Also where could I pick up a completely stock clone for cheap. I see some of the vendors selling box stock engines that have cams and whatnot, I would like one that I can swap everything over(maybe even a shortblock if the head is still good)

Open it up and take a look at the internals. It will prove to be an educational and interesting experience for you! In addition, post a bunch of GOOD photos here. The great collective minds of OldMiniBikes will be able to help out with some opinions, I'm sure.:thumbsup:
Michael

After looking at some sites I found one that sold short blocks.

Short Block, Clone, 6.5, OEM, Choice of Color/brand

And after talking to my buddy again he told me this is what engine it is. "U-Build It" Box Stock 196cc OHV Racing Engine: Go Karts Parts: Racing Kart Parts: Engines: Frames: Tires: Versailles, Ohio: USA: Indoor Track: Tips: Chassis: Kits: GoKart: Briggs: Yerf Dog: Manco: Comet: Torque

I will definitely tear it apart and check it out. Maybe the rod just seized up on the crank and a billet rod and re-ring will get it going again. maybe another max stroke crank to go with it.