Pics of my project bike

Sup guys, names Bryan, Im a newbie on this forum. Just picked up a mini bike recently that I plan on rebuilding. Im in the Los Angeles area and parts are hard to find. The only other guy I found that sells them is Johnsgokart.com. Any info would be great. Here are the pics of my bike. So far everything is gutted and taken apart.

looks like a 67 and earlier Rupp Continental with a frt tire and engine swap. take seat off and see if there is a seat pan underneath. If so it should have a Rupp tag riveted to the pan.

If it is a Rupp, I can help you with parts.....even if not a Rupp I can help you with many items you may need

looks like a 67 and earlier Rupp Continental with a frt tire and engine swap. take seat off and see if there is a seat pan underneath. If so it should have a Rupp tag riveted to the pan.

If it is a Rupp, I can help you with parts.....even if not a Rupp I can help you with many items you may need
sweet! that would help out alot. I'll check on it tonight.
i ordered the front fork and new shocks for it yesterday from johnsgokarts. i hope it will fit.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
When you get it together you can come and ride with us. We fun ride every Sunday with alot of local minibikers. I live in Inglewood, and we ride in Los Angeles.

i was driving by 133rd and broadway last sunday and saw a bunch of mini bikes and pocket bikes out there. Was that you? I drove by in a red Mazda rx8

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Nope on Sunday it's 62nd st. and Central ave. (slow bikes)
On Saturday it's Mansville st. and Wilmington ave. (fast bikes)

I will have to check out 133rd and broadway.

ok so some new parts came in today. The front fork assembly and the rear shocks. The shocks should fit fine, the holes line up perfectly, might need better bolts and new washers but the front fork might be an issue:

See how the brackets don't line up. Shouldn't be too hard to fix, any good welder can lower that sucker down.

As for the shocks:

Everything fits fine.
I have to take the front fork to the welder on saturday.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The parts look good.
There is a few minibike shops in Los Angeles. They can handle your fork problem. They weld up there own frames, and fix frames.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
55th, and Western.
There's two shops next door to each other. But the best one is Joe's minibikes on the left. There open Mon-Fri and some times even Saturday.

It's right on Western between 55th, and 56th street near Slauson if your on the freeway.

Just some new updates:

Almost done sanding and stripping away the old paint (85% done). But I decided to have the frame powder coated instead of painting it myself so that was a total waste of time (sand blasting). Havent gotten the front fork bracket lowered yet but I went ahead and test fitted the rim on the fork. Bad news, the rim is too small, so looks like i'll be ordering a new front rim.

Should I even try spacers for the front rim? Or just go with the rim that is supposed to fit with that fork?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It looks regular to me.
What do you mean it's to small?

Now I'm guessing your meaning that the sides of the bearings are not touching the fork ends. If that is the case, that's normal. We run spacers, or locking collars to keep the wheel centered. And even when you do this you want a little play, maybe around 0.010.

Either way rims, tires, spacers, and locking collars can be perchaced from the minibike shop.

That is correct Charles! I didn't think it was wide enough. I i'll look into getting those spacers. Hopefully this local scooter shop in Torrance might have them, unless I can go to Home depot and fab them up myself? What materials are the spacers made of? Metal, acrilyc?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
There made from metal tubing, and the collars are made from aluminum. It's best to just buy them. They can measure it right at the place for the spacers. I like the locking collars personally. All my minibikes run them.

Give them a call, Joe's minibikes (323) 299-0690

That is correct Charles! I didn't think it was wide enough. I i'll look into getting those spacers. Hopefully this local scooter shop in Torrance might have them, unless I can go to Home depot and fab them up myself? What materials are the spacers made of? Metal, acrilyc?
You deffinately want to run a metal spacer. Dont even try Home Depot they dont have anything near big enough for spacers. I believe you have 5/8" axles so you would need and spacer with a 5/8" inside dia. I have had good luck find spacera Lowes or you can buy them on-Line.

Look here for spacers:
http://www.mfgsupply.com/GoMiniHardwareBushings.html/mv_session_id=CiUwwgAD

There made from metal tubing, and the collars are made from aluminum. It's best to just buy them. They can measure it right at the place for the spacers. I like the locking collars personally. All my minibikes run them.

Give them a call, Joe's minibikes (323) 299-0690
Thanks for the info, i'll definitly give them a call.