Plastic Chrome Plating

Looks like a very nice job. Did they require you to "prep" it for them (strip, sand, prime) as they have told me I need to do?
Michael
No but it wa 6 months ago. Maybe it changed. They said it's very difficult to chrome plastic. Sometimes they have to strip and redo several times to get it right.

Where did the Rupp logo go?
The logo was damaged on mine and they asked if they could remove it. The use tons of copper build up on top of there proprietary conductive paint then nickel and chrome. It weighed twice as much when I got it back. It definitely a show piece. The one I got done with the logo was filled over so much anyway I didn't care. It was only $80 for the bucket only $120 for both. Got one done at Paul's chrome too and they retain the label and it looks very good but it was like $250. It actually feels like a steel bucket when it's done.

Last edited:
I am going with Classic Chrome...Plastic Chrome Plating | Electroplating Services

I built up the insides, where they always crack with epoxy putty. I figured if i was going to spend the money on it I wanted it to be un-breakable.
View attachment 82143 View attachment 82144 View attachment 82145
I had the arm rest bases for my 442 done about 16 years ago, and I'm not positive but I think this was the place. They came out great, and the price and turn around was very reasonable. I tried Paul's for some other parts (Mirror, hood trim etc. )and they said my parts were too rough and to get better ones first. Kinda sounded like they didn't want the job.