Please Date Me #1

I know its a Craftsman 3hp and has a short
crank but long enuf for a "clutch", just not
sure how to date it for year built?

143 741042 SER 4041B

Also I had a couple NEW Max Torque clutches
for 5/8 shaft so I threw one on it :thumbsup:
Too bad they are for 40 chain....

Either a 1974 or 1984. Craftsmen had the charcoal color first. In the 80's tecumseh used it on a lot of them too. Could you try and compare the recoils. The 2 bottom side bolts that hold the blower housing on,do they have a Phillips head in them or are they solid. Phillips head would be early 70s. Sometimes if you Google the craftsmen number it will bring a picture of the unit it was used on,this could give you an idea of what era it was used in also.

jrzmac

I know its a Craftsman 3hp and has a short
crank but long enuf for a "clutch", just not
sure how to date it for year built?

143 741042 SER 4041B

Also I had a couple NEW Max Torque clutches
for 5/8 shaft so I threw one on it :thumbsup:
Too bad they are for 40 chain....
143.741042 = H30-35342P made Feb. 10, 1974.

Either a 1974 or 1984. Craftsmen had the charcoal color first. In the 80's tecumseh used it on a lot of them too. Could you try and compare the recoils. The 2 bottom side bolts that hold the blower housing on,do they have a Phillips head in them or are they solid. Phillips head would be early 70s. Sometimes if you Google the craftsmen number it will bring a picture of the unit it was used on,this could give you an idea of what era it was used in also.
The two bottom bolts are hex. I was guessing 80s anyway. Im sure its off a edger or something. For 30 bucks and all I did was, wash it, new ngk plug and change oil. Runs like a brand new motor. Best part is that I bought it because it looked good!