Powell 5670 E model clean up and engine adjustment

CarPlayLB

It's okay if you break the sprocket side. Carplay has a chrome one with new brake band for sale. ;) I can say that, because it's in my garage atop the swamp cooler.

I had to cut one of the two tires off the rim. Just wasn't happening due to the dissimilar metal corrosion.
Dave is dyslexic! DO NOT BREAK THE SPROCKET SIDE ...is what he meant! The brake side steel half is what Dave has! I also have a nice complete front wheel and a steel side for a front if needed. I also have two ugly rear half sprocket side that are not useable unless sprocket is fixed

Itype2slo

Dave is dyslexic! DO NOT BREAK THE SPROCKET SIDE ...is what he meant! The brake side steel half is what Dave has! I also have a nice complete front wheel and a steel side for a front if needed. I also have two ugly rear half sprocket side that are not useable unless sprocket is fixed
Weren't you gonna make a clock or picture frame out of those rear sprockets.:laugh:

Oops. Since I actually built this Non-Vintage Powell five years ago, I forgot which is which. :hammer: (Screwing with Wulf right now) :laugh: David, if you're going to end up chroming the wheels, that BRAKE side of Eric's would be less than the chromer, plus it's got a new band, although the chrome is not perfect. Best of all, it would get out of my garage and stop tempting me to chrome the rest of my wheels to match.

Boys chrome would be nice but the place I use in knoxville can't do rims or aluminum. I would have to go to west Tn to precision plating and they are super high priced . Right one I've got the front steel have out without cutting the tire , although the aluminum half is still connected to the tire .
From what I have seen they have never been apart . I don't want to cut the tires cause then I can't sell them to one of you as stock original with major cracks . But the tires will get cut before I F up the rims .
Jesse has a front rim but the rear he had got sold to Jeff Clark.

My hording brother has lots of Powell parts that he will never use , but won't let go of for some dumb ass reason . But guys I keep trying.

Mr. Wulf,
just tell Havasu Dave to succumb the the chrome and listen to the voices in his head. Why fight it?
Chrome is good but not cheap . I've seen BAB's up close and the chrome and polished aluminum is just unreal looking . Don wouldn't say what it cost but did say it was stupid money for what got done .

Well yesterday got the wheels sandblasted and today I got my care package in the mail . One of my few friends on this site Harley's papa sent me 8 sealed bearing for my Powell , these are SKF sealed bearings made in Italy not your cheap flea bay stuff .
The generosity of people on this site is amazing, I need to try to do more to help people myself. So here are some new pics .

Itype2slo

Clean up & adjustment wow my last physical was less thorough, keep on keeping on David your work is stellar. Are the aluminum halves polishible.:thumbsup:

Today I got my frame back from the powder coater . I think I got the red pretty close to Powell red as this is one of the stock colors they had .
Also you gotta love east TN when you can get a Powell frame sandblasted and coated for 125 dollars . There's a lot of steel on a Powell compared to most mini's . Here some pics of the frame.

Today I got the forks and bars cleaned up they look good for 45 years old but new chrome would be nice but not for this one . Also got the wheels and other crap painted silver . From what I remember besides the aluminum half of the wheels , the steel side , brake lever , seat bracket were silver in color . My brothers and I had a E model when we were kids , got it brand new from a dealer in Sunnyvale while visiting our grandmother.
If you look on page 39or40 in vintage family you will see our Powell when it was new and there's a shot of it after we had blown up a couple HS40's and our dad started bringing home H60's for it . The motor barely fit and the tank got strapped to the upper bar , there's no belt guard cause that bike ate belts and it was quicker to put one on without it .