Powell Challenger

Hounddog

I have a nice Powell Challenger for sale. The bike currently has a newer 4-stroke engine in her. The original owner also gave me the original tecumseh engine with serial numbers, original Powell Quick Release Throttle assembly, original Powell exhaust with Spark Arrestor, original wheels tires etc.etc...Bike is in good condition with good chrome, with a straight frame and fork! You can ride her as-is or restore her to a complete original. This is a good one....asking $575 in southern california....

Even if you have to pay a few hun for shipping this is a good deal..:thumbsup:
Yep - I am considering it... Hounddog would you be willing to break down and ship for me (or maybe another member outside of the Powell hot zone?)

This would wind up being 3 boxes maybe? each engine and the rest of the bike. To get em over to me is going to be some coin I don't think the wife will let me spend however...

james c

Neck, You will eventually have at least one, it just takes some of us longer than others.....No, No, No later becomes maybe, maybe, maybe later becomes if I get a good deal, later becomes I better get one before all the good ones are gone....and poof there is one in the garage...then two...etc...

Well this is how it is in my world....:laugh:

man, i find myself wanting to hit the "buy it now" button but ive got my garage full!

Yep - I am considering it... Hounddog would you be willing to break down and ship for me (or maybe another member outside of the Powell hot zone?)

This would wind up being 3 boxes maybe? each engine and the rest of the bike. To get em over to me is going to be some coin I don't think the wife will let me spend however...
Dude buy this thing , has all the right parts . Shipping if done right is not bad . My brother Douglas just had one shipped from out there for like 180 or so on fedex .

I stopped at two, three if you count the first one but ask me about my train collection..
Bought the first one at 15 with paper route money in
1968 at the ripe old age of 15
Got it at S and W equipment on Stevens Creek Blvd in San Jose CA.
$214.95 plus tax out the door.

george3

I have a nice Powell Challenger for sale. The bike currently has a newer 4-stroke engine in her. The original owner also gave me the original tecumseh engine with serial numbers, original Powell Quick Release Throttle assembly, original Powell exhaust with Spark Arrestor, original wheels tires etc.etc...Bike is in good condition with good chrome, with a straight frame and fork! You can ride her as-is or restore her to a complete original. This is a good one....asking $575 in southern california....
Can you post more pics? maybe some close ups?

Congratz Jeffery
And welcome back to the Brotherhood!!
:thumbsup:
Thanks My Brother... :laugh: This bike is perfect for what I need as we have talked in the past a few Powell parts need to be made and this will be a good bike to work with. :thumbsup: and a tax deduction for 2013 got to find some way to get it back...

Hounddog

Hey Jeff, You are very welcome. It was a nice bike and I am glad it went to a good home. We all appreciate all your efforts as well!

Thanks again,
Bryon