Powell in need of serious help

Ah, my apologies Eric. Thanks for squaring me away, and thanks for assisting roc89 in this. He's doing a great job, quickly. Good job all the way around. I should have kept my yap shut, but at least I got to post a photo of my over-restored garage queen. (that was a bit of jocularity)

Keep on kicking butt roc89. Great to have you and that bike here.
I hate to hijack this great, informative Powell thread, but........ I sure would love to see more pictures of your "over-restored garage queen". Do you have a link to a thread of your restore?

I got me motivated on my H model, but then I'm still waiting on more chrome for mine.

Roc89Boy, you are bitten by the Powell bug, for sure. And moving fast !!! Love it.

Thanks airman. I feel that a lot of my motivation has come from OND and Dave's powells. Those two guys are on another level, so if I can even come close I'll be ahead of the game.

Big thanks to T Town, OND, and Dave.

IMG_4305_opt.jpg IMG_4306_opt.jpg IMG_4307_opt.jpg Hey All,

Sorry I have not posted in a while, that four lettered word (WORK). Any how, I have made a little more progress.

The rear wheel half with the sprocket. Ended up drilling out all the holes with a .332 drill bit (#Q) and tapped with a 3/8"-24 tap.

As you can see in the pic, there is still plenty of meat left.

IMG_4325_opt.jpg IMG_4323_opt.jpg IMG_4330_opt.jpg IMG_4327_opt.jpg IMG_4326_opt.jpg IMG_4328_opt.jpg On to the front wheel. Man, it was nasty! Only broke one bolt, but the steel half was toast.:no:

So, anyone got a front steel half for sale??????

T Town, This is for you buddy. Thanks for all the measurements and pics.

Here's the new shifter IMG_4331_opt.jpg IMG_4332_opt.jpg

Here's the new motor mount and arms IMG_4315_opt.jpg IMG_4317_opt.jpg IMG_4316_opt.jpg IMG_4318_opt.jpg

Did I forget to mention I'm looking for a front wheel steel half?

Thanks to everybody for all the comments and help.

Joe

Hey Joe....I know there's a few people on here that have a front wheel half...but I won't mention there names. Start a WTB Powell front wheel in the classifieds on here.

T-Town Mini

That's a nice job on the fabricating and machining. Looks like a decent reproduction part. :thumbsup:

What are you going to use for the rubber bushing inserts?

Itype2slo

Roc pm me I have a nice steel front. Or do you need the whole wheel I got one of those. No tires, sorry. Havasu Dave knows the bearing size same for wheels & driven:thumbsup:

OND- Thanks I'll post if Itype doesn't have anything

Itype2slo- Any help would be greatly appreciated

T Town- I found these on Fleabay Rubber Anti-vibration Spacer 1" OD x 3/8" ID x 1" Thick (Item# X19-13) | eBay
Roc pm me I have a nice steel front. Or do you need the whole wheel I got one of those. No tires, sorry. Havasu Dave knows the bearing size same for wheels & driven:thumbsup:
Looks like John has you fixed up....good deal !

Big thanks goes out to Itype2slo. He was able to part with a front wheel half.

Thanks John

OND- I was on another thread and found you are casting fiberglass powell covers. By chance are you making the B model cover?

Just got a part in the mail. Want to thank Itype2slo for helping me out with the front wheel half. It's in great shape! One more piece of the puzzle taken care of.:thumbsup: