Predator rejet

Is it okay to use the stock e-tube and jet while having a header and air filter on a predator? Also my stock etube isn’t coming out of the carb how can I fix that?

Is it okay to use the stock e-tube and jet while having a header and air filter on a predator? Also my stock etube isn’t coming out of the carb how can I fix that?
I would at least upgrade the jet. At lower elevations, these engines are already slightly lean with that much more flow your gonna have bad idle and lose a lot of power. Also if you have the jet out, to get the emulsion tube out, look inside the carb and you'll see a little nub poking through, take a screwdriver or pick and push down on it. It should just drop out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would at least upgrade the jet. At lower elevations, these engines are already slightly lean with that much more flow your gonna have bad idle and lose a lot of power. Also if you have the jet out, to get the emulsion tube out, look inside the carb and you'll see a little nub poking through, take a screwdriver or pick and push down on it. It should just drop out.

Is the nub on the top or bottom of carb?

It's the emulsion tube, so when the carb is on the engine, it pokes up from the bottom. If that makes sense?
(Not good at explaining things lol)

It's the emulsion tube, so when the carb is on the engine, it pokes up from the bottom. If that makes sense?
(Not good at explaining things lol)

Well the emulsion tube is stuck inside where
You screw in the jet and the jet came out but not the etube

Well the emulsion tube is stuck inside where
You screw in the jet and the jet came out but not the etube
How old is the engine? It could be corroded but usually if it's that bad the jet won't come out. Try some pb blaster/penetrating oil. Then try pushing on it.

Daniel Coop

Sometimes the e-tube just get hung up on the threads. I use a dental pick sometimes to stick the sharp end in the end and wiggle it out. Other times, a good slap on the carb body with the jet out, they'll usually fall out. I prefer the stock e-tube for my elevation, and just change low speed and main jets... I have been told by my kart racing engine builder buddy that the GX140 emulsion tubes actually hurt power on big end. He uses factory e-tubes only and he's at sea level.

Sometimes the e-tube just get hung up on the threads. I use a dental pick sometimes to stick the sharp end in the end and wiggle it out. Other times, a good slap on the carb body with the jet out, they'll usually fall out. I prefer the stock e-tube for my elevation, and just change low speed and main jets... I have been told by my kart racing engine builder buddy that the GX140 emulsion tubes actually hurt power on big end. He uses factory e-tubes only and he's at sea level.
What if I live on a hill But in New York City

I am at 800ft with a .037 jet with header and intake upgrade it was running a little lean. Switched to a 140 etube and just now checking but my guess its a little rich. Just try different setups and use whats works best for you.

Unscrew the jet and just push down in the Etube from inside with a screwdriver.
I have always had good luck holding the carb in my hand and slamming it down against a soft board (with the jet removed) Never broke one yet. I have seen the top of the emulsion tube bent with a screwdriver prying on it. Works for me! Chris

I have always had good luck holding the carb in my hand and slamming it down against a soft board (with the jet removed) Never broke one yet. I have seen the top of the emulsion tube bent with a screwdriver prying on it. Works for me! Chris
Thanks for the advice but it’s all fixed now

Push not pry. If you have to pry it and bend it then toss that nasty azz carb away... lol