Progress on my Manco Streaker

Well, I got my Streaker back from my body that restores Cushmans today. The pics are not very good, but you can see the changes.

Here are the Before Pics when I got it.

Here are some new ones. in the first you can see the changes in the handle bars, and the foot pegs were reworked.

This one is the new custom seat, He made for me.

Kelly

Well, my fenders came in today. I got them off Ebay, for a total of just under 20.00 dollars. I cant wait to get them drilled to fit and painted, I think they will work great.

Finally fenders!!!!

Well, I finally got the fenders on. They were painted, then were undercoated with rubberized coating. Also some better closeups.

delray

dobber,i dont think your minibike is a manco:confused:
older manco minibike frames look like this:thumbsup:

and also a smaller frame (gto's bike)

you have a early acme frame. sold on ebay couple years ago. sold complete or just the frame only.
here are couple acme frames. you can see they have the same front frame where the tubes comes down from the triple tree and welds in front of the engine plate on the cross tube and the original tube ends where solid foot pegs,but someone cut yours off and added some aftermarket pegs.

project build. use a pair of fox handle bars on my bike.

on the early model frames the engine plate was big and square. on the late model frames the motor mount had a small part of the plate cut out(on the chain side)

srub brake was a option on the bike. bike has the same setup as my bike. same brackets,bends,hole on the scrub brake plate..etc...,i added a small bracket above the brake for the lower fender to mount to.

my bike also had solid foot pegs too,but cut them off and built folding pegs. little safer for the kids to ride:thumbsup:

finish minibike:thumbsup:

Delray,

I never would have suspected that my bike was not a streaker, but after looking at your frame, you may be right. I cut off the pegs becouse I did the old pogo trick with it and flung me into the curb and almost recked. I to could not take the chance at the kids riding it like that. I am still looking for a better Idea for the pegs. Plus I need to make one of thoughs fancy clutch covers, hint hint. Thanks for the info now I guess it is time to do more reseach:doah: So did you cut off your bars and replace them or did you change the forks all together?

PS I knew there was a reason I always loved the look of your bike.

Dobber

delray

sorry didn't mean to burst your bubble on your frame:doah:
i don't have alot of good pictures when i was building my acme cover. only couple of them on the bike.

you can go to my project build on my manco frame and see more pictures on how to make one. very easy to do:thumbsup:
go to page 3 :thumbsup:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/2993-great-minibiker-build-off-delray-entry-3.html
my front forks where from a fox minibike. they work out real good and also makes it real easy for my stepson to steer the bike. with the handle bars forward and out, it make it more easyer for him to control. if handle bars came straight back like a chopper he would be over steering it to quick. acme frame maybe little to small for most people,but makes a great starter bike for a kid that is just starting to learn to ride:thumbsup:

delray

it could be a manco streaker frame, scrub brake looks the same,but engine mount plate is half cut out? first i ever seen a manco frame that look like a acme frame. manco was known to use black plastic fenders too? looks like them two bike frames are very hard to tell apart:doah:

This is getting strange, I always thought it was a manco. But I do see how the engine plate is different, plus my fork triple trees are shaped different. But then my wheels are Manco. Ok does anybody know if Manco made bikes for Acme? that does seem to happen a lot in the mini world.

PS the guy I bought it from told me that he had it from when he was 14, 37 years ago. So he must have lied to me, I suppose. look close at the original pics from when I got it. It had smaller metal fenders on it.

Dobber

delray

dobber,the only thing i can see is your bike and gto's have flatten fork tubes on the bottom and that all acme fork tubes i have seen are weld on 1+inch tubes on the bottom for the bolt to go through for the wheel? but both of your top handle bars are different? maybe manco change couple things over the years? acme frames where only made for couple years and sold on ebay. it looks like to me that acme frames copy there design. also maybe this will answer everything? on a acme triple tree's they only use a bolt and tube. no bushings or bearings. so i install a grease insert to keep things moving good.

dobber,the only thing i can see is your bike and gto's have flatten fork tubes on the bottom and that all acme fork tubes i have seen are weld on 1+inch tubes on the bottom for the bolt to go through for the wheel? but both of your top handle bars are different? maybe manco change couple things over the years? acme frames where only made for couple years and sold on ebay. it looks like to me that acme frames copy there design. also maybe this will answer everything? on a acme triple tree's they only use a bolt and tube. no bushings or bearings. so i install a grease insert to keep things moving good.
Mine only has a bolt and tube also?

delray

wow thats weird,i see in gto's tube has a bronze bushing. maybe yours is early model without bushing? maybe the best thing you could do is call manco and see if they built them without a bushing too(early model design) like i said before i have never seen a acme with flatten bottom tubes. acme frames where only built for a couple years. early 200? or so. hard to say what it is,but if your buddy had it for long time? it has to be a manco

delray

Up date on streaker or acme?

i had save some pictures of some acme atv frames and finish atv minibikes on my old computer. if you look at the finish atv minibike it has the same plastic chain cover as the new streaker minibike has. i am starting to wonder if manco farm out there frame work to this guy(acme) and manco purchase so many of them and the rest of them acme sold on ebay unfinish. i purchase 4 sets of them unweld and at the same time i could of bought 1000 wheel sets and the tube benders that made the frames. guy was selling everthing.

acme atv minibike

acme minibike frame only

new streaker minibike,note the chain cover is the same as the acme atv cover

also acme made chopper bikes too

couple things that i notes on acme frame is the motor mount plate has a cut out on the chain side and the bottom of the forks have small tubes welded to them for the axles and the scrub foot brake is made of flat stock steel and i remember the handle bars on the acme's where straight up. all of these items where different from the streaker frames. with these small changes i wonder if he could sell it has a different minibike?

Last edited: