Project K&S update

It has been a little while since I started this project and it was put on hold while I worked on the house but today I worked on it a bit and here it is almost done. Ideas, opinions and comments are welcome.

buckeye

Better fusion for your butt?:001_tt2:

Looks really nice. Good to see ya still hitting it. Just might be a lot of fun too!

I put it all together and rode it, but it has a problem. I can go about 1/4 mile and it dies, wait a few seconds and you can start again and go 1/4 mile again. I'm not sure if the needle and seat are sticking, it needs a pump or if the carb is dirty(last on the list).

I have had that issue when I plugged up the cap vent to pressurize the tank checking for leaks and did not remove tape from vent hole. Went about the same distance.

I have had that issue when I plugged up the cap vent to pressurize the tank checking for leaks and did not remove tape from vent hole. Went about the same distance.
The cap vent is clear, that was my first check. Thanks. I have an inline filter, could that slow the fuel flow enough to do that?

Last edited:
I had an inline filter hidden behind the shroud on this engine and it would do the same thing.....took it out and used a npt valve with filter that screws into the bottom of the tank! Problem solved!! :thumbsup:

The fuel problem has been fixed with a fuel pump but now I found a much bigger problem. The need for speed. After riding the other mini this slow cruiser is not going to satisfy. It probably does 25 mph tops. I think I will put the briggs WF engine on this one and put a built up briggs 305 on the other bike (project no name). Will post if I do.