Project Road Runner Complete! PICS!!

Bobcat

Just got it finished today. I'm new to forum so hello all and thanks to all who helped me get this thing put together. All thats left is the intake, header and tires and she will be rockin! I do need some help though, Is it supposed to just take off on me at idle? I have screw backed all the way out and throttle cable not over tight either. I cant figure it out, its faster without twisting throttle than the stock engin was wide open. It only sits still when choke is engaged. HELP...... :(

Welcome to the site! Looks like my blue one a bit! I dig the seat where did you get it?!
Here are some pics! It looks a bit different now and will be undergoing some more changes as time and $ allow!.....

Bobcat

Haha, great minds think alike I guess! Its metalic blue (looks killer in sun) with flat black fenders and chain guard. Seat is 70's glitter blue made by 8ball, he does killer work and i couldnt be happier. I bought two of these DB30's for 100 each. Now I just need to figure out how to get it running propperly..... :(

bobcat the bike looks great...........I received your text/pics thanks!!

1) Double check your throttle connections
2) make sure the cable anchor set screw is not rubbing on the bottom of the air filter housing
3) check the idle speed screw

have fun with your "roadrunner mini"...............beep....beep!

Haha, great minds think alike I guess! Its metalic blue (looks killer in sun) with flat black fenders and chain guard. Seat is 70's glitter blue made by 8ball, he does killer work and i couldnt be happier. I bought two of these DB30's for 100 each. Now I just need to figure out how to get it running propperly..... :(
You are at the right site! Plenty of help to be found here! I like the mettalic vinyl, I'll have to use a different color now that you stole my idea!:lol:Maybe gray mettalic. I'll probably wait and do that to my yellow one, it is next!

Bobcat

bobcat the bike looks great...........I received your text/pics thanks!!

1) Double check your throttle connections
2) make sure the cable anchor set screw is not rubbing on the bottom of the air filter housing
3) check the idle speed screw

have fun with your "roadrunner mini"...............beep....beep!

Yeah the linkage works clean and snaps all the way back without cable being tight.
Screw ckears airbox fine
And idle screw is all the way out but it still takes off the second I move choke lever. Could it be air/fuel screw? I still havent touched that...

That's pretty cool. My uncle has a 67' Road Runner. I wish I could have that car. How did you mount your tank? It doesn't look like it's welded on.

Bobcat

That's pretty cool. My uncle has a 67' Road Runner. I wish I could have that car. How did you mount your tank? It doesn't look like it's welded on.
Local fab shop welded it on for me. They made an extra cross strap of sheet metal and it worked great. I just took my grinder to the four studs before I took it to them.

the screw with the spring around it is the throttle arm stop and you can adjust the governor speed (slightly) with it

the idle speed screw is a round black plastic screw under the throttle linkage. it has a big "+" to fit a phillips or flat screwdriver. sorry I don't have a picture

try adjusting this and see if it slows down the idle

the screw with the spring around it is the throttle arm stop and you can adjust the governor speed (slightly) with it

the idle speed screw is a round black plastic screw under the throttle linkage. it has a big "+" to fit a phillips or flat screwdriver. sorry I don't have a picture

try adjusting this and see if it slows down the idle
Did both and still no luck. Arrrrr!! :(

delray

LarryD1130 didn't make a 67 road runner:doah: 68 and up:thumbsup: even a chevy guy knows that:rolleyes:....... it's all good:thumbsup: